Knives, Guns, and Gear in use

Ban

Just found these pics as I was going through some old photos.

Me with my Tikka 595 in 243 Winchester mounted with a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10X. My favorite all around field rifle.
attachment.php

Gutting and skinning out the pig with my friends BT4. One of the first few that were made. As a matter of fact I think that one was a fatty BT4 1of4 in .270.
attachment.php

I nailed this nice running coyote at around 50yds with my Smith 610 converted to 10mm Magnum using hardcast 200gr WFNGC bullets. This 610 can shoot 40sw, 10mm, and 10mm Magnum using moonclips. My favorite field pistol. Old guy next to me is John Jardine of Valtro who is known for his custom 1911s.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice Smith!! Great pics man.

Heres some older pics of my mildly tricked Colt Commander and Bubbad SKS.

With a sweet Laconico
100_0555.jpg

100_0161.jpg

100_0195.jpg

25 yds with the Colt....
100_0550.jpg

This truck has been through hell. lol.
100_0153.jpg

Here is my FNP .45 Tactical with a Trijicon RMR and Surefire X400. It is pictured with a Horton Super Camp (11.5" blade, 2.400 wide, 18.5" Oal in .190 S-7). Have a few of Ban's knives in the pipeline, but only have the cleaver right now.

picture.php

jwilliams,
Damn you guys shot the hell out of that car :thumbup: Gotta love the 1911. My all time favorite pistol is a custom Valtro 1911 done by Jardine. One holers all day long if I do my part.

BBT,
How are those FN pistols? Haven't gotten a chance to shoot one yet. I am just partial to glocks because that was my very first handgun. Although for the money I also love the CZ P-01.

Man that Supercamp is a honkin piece of steel. Is there a primary bevel or is it just a scandi-vex? That thing should have a whole lot of momentum. How does it chop?

Thanks MRpink! That was good timing on your part. Gotta love that side-by-side Merkel. Built like a bank vault. My heirloom shotgun.

Hell yeah...that 610 is sweet. Bring it to Mikes if you want. Id love to see it.

Ill dig up some good pics to post later.

Heres a recent one from a couple weeks ago. Limits of greenheads. Last one we shot was banded. You can see it if you look closely at the one laying next to my legs. The shotties are all Benelli SBE 2. One was a gift from my father to my buddy on the right after he got back from 4 tours in Iraq with the 82nd Airborne.

IMG_5302.jp

Last edited:
cool pics guys...:thumbup: though i grew up shooting guns, i only own a few rifles these days.. we try and shoot them often, but its not that easy around here...

we do however shoot a lot of bows... whish are a lot cheaper to shoot compared to guns, and they make no noise...:D

359101607_da07ad5322.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

cool pics guys...:thumbup: though i grew up shooting guns, i only own a few rifles these days.. we try and shoot them often, but its not that easy around here...

we do however shoot a lot of bows... whish are a lot cheaper to shoot compared to guns, and they make no noise...:D

359101607_da07ad5322.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

Awesome dude! Would like to try that someday.

DoingItWrong6.jpg

hahah :p

BBT,
How are those FN pistols? Haven't gotten a chance to shoot one yet. I am just partial to glocks because that was my very first handgun. Although for the money I also love the CZ P-01.

Man that Supercamp is a honkin piece of steel. Is there a primary bevel or is it just a scandi-vex? That thing should have a whole lot of momentum. How does it chop?

The FNP is a baby to shoot (really like the RMR too). I'm a big fan of Glocks too. Thinking about picking up a 20 or 29 when they come out with the Gen 4s.

Good eye, the Camp is Scandi to Convex. Just got it so I have not had the chance to use it yet. Definitely blade heavy though.

Impatiently waiting for a few of your knives. :cool:

I own both the G20 and G29. Unfortunately, my G20 was stolen along with my bedside Gunvault when my house was broken in to years back. I was able to push those hardcast 200gr WFNGC bullets out of a 6" full support chamber KKM barrel to around 1400ish. Out of a stock G29 I was getting 1200-1250 and they penetrate like no body's business. Those are careful handloads that I worked up for my guns using brand new starline brass. Nowadays I just skip the warm loads and reach directly for my Smith 610 whenever I go out in the field.

...and Bubbad SKS...
100_0195.jpg

Would you mind posting what you did to your SKS? I fear I may have caught the SKS bug in the last few days, and I REALLY like how that one looks.

I like the idea of an inexpensive rifle that can shoot a decent round, and I won't feel bad about bubba-ifying modifying it to make it look the way I want.

IMG_1291.jpg

Archery Golf at Rancho Neblina??? We've probably met!!! Haven't made it down there in the past 2 years, but hope to get back down there this year!!!

I'll try and find some TradBow pics in the next few days and post 'em. In the mean time these will have to do (some of my favorites)...
AfricaPictures235-2.jpg

Ratsintheyard017.jpg

TC025.jpg

WhoahBlackBettySteelHeart021.jpg

LettsLake011.jpg

G20andBasic7021.jpg

gunshowammo15yds-1.jpg

INFI006.jpg

TurkeyHunt033009007.jpg

CoyoteTrip005.jpg

Rangewashstationandcombos049.jpg

BusseKinasof06302010033.jpg

...out my office window...
ElkandMendoForest068.jpg

MyOffice2009014-1.jpg

MNF004.jpg

BUSSEEdge001.jpg

MNF008-1.jpg

LettsLake042.jpg

Great Pics Guys!!! Keep 'em comin'!!!!

Last edited:
Awesome pics man! You have good taste in gear. I dig the pair of USFA Rodeos. I have a pair myself and use it for cowboy action shooting. I have a big sweet spot for nice revolvers.

StumpBuster-- awesome pics man.. i would love to know where some of those spots are.....:thumbup:

that is archery golf at Ranch Neblina... one of my most favorite things...:D i've been going to that shoot for the past 7-8 years or so.. it is a lot of fun.. drop me a line next time you can make it..

Would you mind posting what you did to your SKS? I fear I may have caught the SKS bug in the last few days, and I REALLY like how that one looks.

I like the idea of an inexpensive rifle that can shoot a decent round, and I won't feel bad about bubba-ifying modifying it to make it look the way I want.

That rifle is awesome. Cheap, and reliable, and a solid shooter.

It started life as a Norinco. I added a Tapco stock, and mags. The tapco stock is great, and from what I gather, if you want to go to detatchable mags, the Tapcos are by far the best. I also stripped and polished the bolt. Its a fun rifle. Id like to find me one of the paratrooper SKSs that take the AK mags. Probably wouldnt modify it, but with the shorter bbl length and AK mags, who would need to? Google Tapco, and you will get what ya need. They have stocks in Black, OD, Flat dark Earth. Sweet. :cool:

Thanks for the complement.

Back