Knives, Guns, and Gear in use

That rifle is awesome. Cheap, and reliable, and a solid shooter.

It started life as a Norinco. I added a Tapco stock, and mags. The tapco stock is great, and from what I gather, if you want to go to detatchable mags, the Tapcos are by far the best. I also stripped and polished the bolt. Its a fun rifle. Id like to find me one of the paratrooper SKSs that take the AK mags. Probably wouldnt modify it, but with the shorter bbl length and AK mags, who would need to? Google Tapco, and you will get what ya need. They have stocks in Black, OD, Flat dark Earth. Sweet. :cool:

Thanks for the complement.

What kind of accuracy do you get with that gun?

TurkeyHunt033009007.jpg

I didnt know Bigfoot hunted turkeys with a shotgun. :D

My 10mm
IMG_0113.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0112.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0111.jpg
[/IMG]
I like my glock 29 and 20 also but the Wilson shoots like a Ferrarri drives

Very nice gear everyone!

Recently joined the dark side with my first Glock. No action pictures, just posing. :p

IMG_3506.jpg

Range day

AR and 10/22
2011-04-24130549.jpg

Hogwash shooting a pistol
2011-04-24125028.jpg

Ban shooting a beretta cx4 in 9mm. Zeroed in at 100 yards.
2011-04-24132134.jpg

Range toys, WIP, etc.
2011-04-24134652.jpg

Here be one of me. My buddy and I were doing rifle drills that day.
[video=youtube;UhS0WHWnqos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhS0WHWnqos&feature=player_profilepage[/video]

Wolfdad,

That is a nice 10mm 1911. The 10mm is probably my favorite all around cartridge. I own a springfield 1911 that has been modified to 10mm, glock29, AMT Javelina Longslide Hunter, and Smith 610. A superb cartridge that really shines for the handloader. I push 200gr hardcast bullets out to about 1250fps out of my little glock 29.

little hog i shot with a .12 ga Benelli M1S90 overseas. Only took 7 slugs to stop the little guy

Picture-2589.jpg

i was tired waiting 4 hrs for the boar so i let the boys have at skinning it

617910813_orfzy-O.jpg

they also have small ones if you crave eating one...or two, or three.

couldn't do it without help from my buddy

1152590143_i8aLJ-XL.jpg

1152589770_M4VHD-XL.jpg

Damn, that is a mean looking HOG! They have a thicker and longer hair coat like the real wild boars unlike the feral hogs that we mostly see in the States.

little hog i shot with a .12 ga Benelli M1S90 overseas. Only took 7 slugs to stop the little guy

Picture-2589.jpg
Do you mind saying where that hog was shot?

How much would you guess it weighs?

I would surely hate to have that thing run at me on a quiet hike in the woods...

The big one was shot it in Romania a couple years ago...it weighed just shy of 270 kilos and had 25cm tusks
here's the head mounted (my taxidermist is starting to look like a hog he's mounted so many, lol)

004.jpg

the snow pic was last Dec...where we shot 11 of those little guys and had a MASSIVE feast.
I've shot a Romanian bear last year as well, not huge but a fairly big brown bear. I don't have pics of that one since we were in the Carpathians at 4am and while i was keeping watch for other bears my guide was skinning it.

The guide who was skinning the bear told me a story while skinning it, how he lost his dad to a bear in the same mountains. He was attacked while skinning a bear he had shot alone. I guess bears will smell blood and come running for their meal, whatever that might be, a skinned bear or hunter, it's all food to them.

That gave me a pretty high pucker factor, and taking pics was the last thing on my mind.

Damn, that is a mean looking HOG! They have a thicker and longer hair coat like the real wild boars unlike the feral hogs that we mostly see in the States.

what's funny...
I had an American friend come on that hunt with me. He hunts hogs here in S.FL with dogs and a knife
The whole plane ride he told me stories how he's gonna grab a hog by the back legs and stick it with his long pointy knife.
I just laughed deep inside and let him tell his stories.
Needless to say, after seeing this boar get shot that night he changed his tune...I asked him "So Greg, you gonna grab his legs and stick one like this?"

I think his exact words were "Fuuuuck that shiiiit, i'm taking your brother's 30-06 to shoot mine"

Just picked up this Smith 638 j-frame. I like the fact that it has a 2 1/2" barrel and full length ejector rod. My future CA ccw equipment.
6210403868_e74a77c9b4_b.jpg

Ban and I preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

photo1-2.jpg

Ban destroyed the zombie. I need to work on my shot, that clown would have gotten me.

photo3-2.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to trying out my Contender with new .22 WMR Match Barrel from Bullberry.

6332597927_9758ff5936_b.jpg

Back