Knock-Off, Counterfeit, Fake Bucks & The Americans Who Sell Them

Done! and clicked all the Helpful review buttons on everyone elses comments & reviews.....

Buck 768 is a Myth, BUCK does not make this Model 768 knife! Though I heard Jason & the Argonauts did carry these [fake] Buck knockoffs 768's for sale here....Don't buy this [fugazi] its a fake!

shame on them for cashing in on another companies work and brand name....

THE "NOT BUCK" 768, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Oem Buck 768 Hunting Knife Camping Knife Survival Knife Black Blade

Last edited:
Sorry but even a old ebay can be a buy it now post. This knife is commonly offered, it is not a Buck knife. Folks its 99% that it is in the catalog of its a fake. 300
Fake?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. That is not made by Buck Knives, Inc. and it is not authorized by Buck.

Live links to auctions are not allowed. Please take it down so the moderator is not forced to take action. Thank you.

I have to say the link above to the BF tread re-guarding the Yellowhorse customizing of a counterfeit Buck has my blood boiling. The seller has hundreds of the Yellowhorse family's work yet he will not remove the 3-5 fakes he has. I believe it should become a quest for Brian and David Yellowhorse to make him take them down. After all the seller is making thousands promoting their products. They simply have to pull his customer license, unless he is related to them in some way. I won't give his name here but he does use a Native American one.

Pretty Please this is not a discussion forum it is a sticky guide to fakes. Post your discussion to the regular forum for debate.

The website Aliexpress << http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...20140611080920 >> is an offshoot of Alibaba, and appears to be the grand daddy of all things counterfeit/fake, including Buck knives, that are manufactured in China. Apparently, it is an website where Asian manufacturers list their products for sale to retail businesses that are looking for manufacturers abroad. They are NOT retailers and usually only sell large numbers of inventory units online. It is quite likely that many of the US retailers we see selling fake Buck knives have purchased their inventory from this site.

Here is a new one I've not seen before brought to us by an eBay seller out of Louisville, Kentucky. This counterfit knockoff even uses the NightHawk name. Love the classy Phillips head screws on the handle. There is a similar knife I've posted previously with a chip flint blade but the same handle.

CounterfitNighthawk_zps5e6e2cd3.jpg

This shadow box being sold on eBay by a seller in Florida is made with a counterfit Buck 194.
There is a previous post on this thread showing the difference between the real and counterfit 194.

Counterfit194_zps92e2c0ee.jpg

Counterfit1941_zps7f931a34.jpg

Blatant counterfit as Buck doesn't make a real knife that looks like this. It is ironically being sold by an eBay seller in California
promoting himself as a disabled Vietnam War Vet. I guess it's now an economic war.

counterfitsoldbyvietnamvet_zps919bf0e5.jpg

Last edited:
Another knife based on a Chinese counterfit of the Buck 194. This one from a eBay seller out of Brooklyn, NY.

Counterfit194_zpsd362c8b2.jpg

Maybe it has already been posted, but I just saw one on ebay called a K163. Has a Buck label and a yellow and black buck box. Shipping is out of China. There is no K163 on Bucks website.

This person listed this for sale on Facebook, when I pointed out it was not made by Buck, they blocked me.

Pictures are the same as those used by several sellers on Ebay from Hong Kong, that sell dozens of fake Bucks.

Another fake Buck knife selling in the bay out of Portland Oregon. Here is what he has to say about the knife.

This is a listing for a 5 3/4" Black Buck Folding Pocket Knife. What a great knife, small compact and sturdy. Great knife to have in your pocket in time of need. The blade is 2 1/4". It comes with lanyard. NEW in box. Don't miss out on this great deal. Own a BUCK knife today!

3XZgpgK.jpg

I am fortunate to live next to there main headquarters and factory in Post Falls. They do look different from what was in the store. Every Buck I know of at least in recent years has the model number stamped on it. I am not sure if they do this with every knife but I think they do. I will check with them next week when I plan on going again.

Back