Knock-Off, Counterfeit, Fake Bucks & The Americans Who Sell Them

I have been looking at adding a couple to my collection, on the bay there is a seller that has some for $14 buy it now ships from bejing. Looks pretty good, the thumb flippers don't look right and some of the letter placement looks wrong to me. I am just getting into collecting Buck Knives and am no expert. Just doesn't seem right. If someone could take a look and let us know would be great. Thanks price is way low

I have been looking at adding a couple to my collection, on the bay there is a seller that has some for $14 buy it now ships from bejing. Looks pretty good, the thumb flippers don't look right and some of the letter placement looks wrong to me. I am just getting into collecting Buck Knives and am no expert. Just doesn't seem right. If someone could take a look and let us know would be great. Thanks price is way low

Counterfeit, fake, knockoff.

Something that I noticed about the 110/112 counterfeits ( the good ones ) is that the edges of the handles have flats on them instead of being the pocket melded type of rounded edges that the real ones have.

eBay seller in South Whitley, IN. In the text of the eBay ad seller claims that the knife would be "custom made" for the buyer at the time of purchase but the picture attached is clearly shows the current China 110 auto clones.

110%20Auto%20counterfit%20eBay_zps8wjmkfhv.jpg

Last edited:

i am new to the forum but i have been collecting buck for a long time and i have more than a few .but i now have a problem , i noticed this thread. i have two knives that are identical except for the finish and the color or the rivets. they are the same length , thickness , same size cut outs and the same handle material. the only other difference is one is marked from the custom shop and the other only has a mark of 694t. my question is it a real buck knife or not ?

I only received a box for the knife from the custom shop. I bought both knives from different sellers months apart. Both knives came with identical sheaths with buck on the snaps.

Custom shop knife is authentic.

Who was other vendor if you can say within the forum rules?

Do you find the vendor's name in this infamous thread in the good bad ugly section of bladeforums? [h=2]Fake, Counterfeit, Knockoff Buck Knives & Americans Who Sell Them[/h]

Last edited:
Sorry I don't remember the name, I usually print out all receipts but some how this one is missing. I remember she bought it for her husband and she said he didn't want it or her either. Is it possible it left the factory without a buck stamp on it ? It was bought by me in 2008 .

BP stands for Bass Pro Alpha Hunter 694 where the "T" blade stamp stands for 2003 year of manufacture odd knife.

I found eBay item #222104727678 similar to yours.

Google "Buck 694 T limited edition" images and click on options when you find one similar to yours Worthpoint pops up with some chat about 144 being made in 2003 and some other blather.

No "BUCK" and no "USA" stamp makes it odd.

You want authentic BUCK. Buy knives with a certificate of authenticity. Or, send your knife or images of it to Joe Houser @ Buck and see what he says about it.

Another variation of the same knife. Mine closely matches Merrill's 694T knife, the only difference I note to be the rivets, BUCK/USA stamp, and gold ring around the cutout. Listed on the 2003 special projects list as 1 of 144.

194BattlingBucksLE010a_zps292e20ca.jpg

194BattlingBucksLE011a_zpscf533fc0.jpg

194BattlingBucksLE007a_zpsd630f3e0.jpg

194BattlingBucksLE001a_zpsaa4c98c7.jpg

There is a seller on the bay who has titanium handles with new blades but has the Phrobis dolphin stamps on the knife itself. If you go to his store there are more there. Didn't the Phrobis die years ago with the end of the bayonets and 560 blade? I would appreciate some knowledge. TYVM.

Back