Knock-Off, Counterfeit, Fake Bucks & The Americans Who Sell Them

What do you mean by Buck link?
I didn't see one. I see a link marked "Buck" that redirects you to a lot of sellers of Buck knives--not the Buck website.
What disparity in pricing? What's AUD43?
Not sure you know who you're buying from.
The standard rubber handle 692 is $105.00 from the Buck website.

Last edited:
What do you mean by Buck link?
I didn't see one. I see a link marked "Buck" that redirects you to a lot of sellers of Buck knives--not the Buck website.
What disparity in pricing? What's AUD43?
Not sure you know who you're buying from.
The standard rubber handle 692 is $105.00 from the Buck website.
Thank you, VorpalRain. You're right. That link does take me to a lot of the Buck sellers. I saw the Buck banner at the top of the page and didn't scroll down. AUD is Australian dollars. 43 AUD is around USD33.
Regards,
Shoppe.

Glad you came back.
Buck site is too expensive.
Amazon is a gamble......don't take the risk.
Buy from a good internet seller like some mentioned above on this forum.

Oh, and $33 is too cheap.....I wouldn't trust it.
That Copper and Clad place sells them for about $55 and that's about the best you can do. Don't know if they ship to Oz, though.

Glad you came back.
Buck site is too expensive.
Amazon is a gamble......don't take the risk.
Buy from a good internet seller like some mentioned above on this forum.
I already ordered a couple of fixed blade Selkirks from Amazon as gifts, but I made sure it was Amazon who is actually supplying the knives. Yes I know they are made in China, but, from all reports the quality is excellent, since Buck oversees the manufacturing and hardening process. They are also covered by Buck's lifetime warranty. I'm confident that I'll get the genuine article, and they were cheaper than the Vanguard knives. The recipients of the gifts are not terribly particular about the source of the knives, whereas I am. I'm still keen to pick up a Vanguard one day, but for now, the "knife budget" has been expended.
Regards,
Shoppe.

I already ordered a couple of fixed blade Selkirks from Amazon as gifts, but I made sure it was Amazon who is actually supplying the knives. Yes I know they are made in China, but, from all reports the quality is excellent, since Buck oversees the manufacturing and hardening process. They are also covered by Buck's lifetime warranty. I'm confident that I'll get the genuine article, and they were cheaper than the Vanguard knives. The recipients of the gifts are not terribly particular about the source of the knives, whereas I am. I'm still keen to pick up a Vanguard one day, but for now, the "knife budget" has been expended.
Regards,
Shoppe.
In future, I'll ask for advice on these forums, and look at the internet sellers here, as you have suggested.

Just a heads up. On the bay, seller probizininc831 is offering the “Buck” X48 tactical pocket folding knife and seller scagnacci7539 is offering the”Buck” 8.0 X57 spring assisted carbon fiber pocket knife.

This thread is older than dinosaur bones, but my fingers need some stretching. Deal spotting not allowed on Buck threads. Mention of selling limited to Buck factory authorized dealers. As Bluf6 is a first time poster we will let this one go as foul ball. An old foul ball not even necessarily in a thread where you would even post something wrong.
300Bucks, Moderator

I'm pretty sure he wasn't deal spotting as much as warning that these sellers were selling fake Buck's. The X48 and X57 are fakes, correct? He definitely could have worded his post a little better.....

Apologies first off, my “ foul ball” was not being more informative as Steelheadbully has stated. Noted.My intention was to point out exactly what this thread was started for and that was to inform on fake Bucks. Not to direct sales to those who seek to deceive,despite the implication that I would try to dealspot on a thread that seeks to inform those of the opposite. My future replies will be proofread to avoid any confusion or rule breaking.

Something that I noticed about the 110/112 counterfeits ( the good ones ) is that the edges of the handles have flats on them instead of being the pocket melded type of rounded edges that the real ones have.

? Am I misremembering or did a few of the early 110’s have those squared off edges?

? Am I misremembering or did a few of the early 110’s have those squared off edges?

The earlier ones did have squared off edges, but these counterfiers just have a bit of a chamfer when they're trying to be counterfiets of current knives which have smooth rounded edges.

Here is a fake one I hav'nt seen before. Fixed blade and looks smaller than a 119 and says Taiwan on one side. Seller states it is "Genuine Buck knife. No imitation."

Not a fake. It was in the 2003 Walmart Christmas "collectors" tin. It's a legitimate Buck even if it does look like a dollar store steak knife. First time I saw one years ago was at a flea market and my first impression was just like yours.

Last edited:
Not a fake. It was in the 2003 Walmart Christmas "collectors" tin. It's a legitimate Buck even if it does look like a dollar store steak knife. First time I saw one years ago was at a flea market and my first impression was just like yours.

Wow, how can you remember what year from 15 yrs ago? I may would remember seeing it but surely not the year.

Were there any other Bucks made in Taiwan? or other countries than China.

Because I am a Buck collector. As to your second question, yes....
I did a quick look and found you some pictures on the auction site.

s-l1600[3].jpg s-l1600[7].jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't realize you bought it, I thought you just happened to remember the date after seeing it once. LOL
Thanks.

Here is a counterfeit knife just listed for sale. Clearly a fake, counterfeit. Being sold out of Muang Thailand. This is not a knife Buck ever produced.

NNKciEE.jpg

Back