KW 204P Millie vs Ti/CF S90V

Anyone else debating between picking up a 204P Military while they are still around, or paying $80 more for the upcoming S90? I know many will say, "easy, buy both", but I gotta pick one.

Frame lock vs liner lock and steel vs steel, which way to go. I feel the S90 may be more of a safe queen and the 204 a user.

Any thoughts?

I was having the very same debate in my head last week. But I did not feel like waiting until mid May for the CF/S90V. So I got the 204P/green G10 5 days ago. And I have to say that it is simply perfect in my opinion. I bought two actually since they are a dealer exclusive and are limited. It's an outstanding knife. I love it.

Now , the upcoming CF/S90V is sure to be a huge hit. I'm definitely going to get that one. I hope they are not limited to just one per customer.

I say do what you can to save and scrounge the money to buy the 204P now. It is truly exquisite. And pick up the S90V next month if at all possible.

No brainer for me, I'd go with the 204P (except that I already have one). I personally have no use for the TiRIL on any Military. The last one I did buy I took the M4 blade out and put it in a CF handle, put the worn out S90V blade in the G-10/Ti handle, carried the CF and tossed the Ti in the bottom of the storage chest. Others feel differently, but to me that big hunk of metal is like throwing a thousand pounds of ballast in your race car. It might smooth out the ride, but it defeats the purpose of the vehicle.

I own the KW 204p Millie, but I am HIGHLY anticipating their Ti/CF s90v one in a bad way!! A grail knife for me!

I've got the 204P, as has been mentioned, it's a great steel:D and I love the green G10. That being said I will be getting the S90v when it comes out. The M4 one is still available so you have options. :thumbsup:

Picked up a 204P here on the Exchange recently and have been using it without any hesitation since. It's a working folder for me and has already eviscerated boxes, prep'd food, EDC'd on hikes, touched up on Spyderco's UF ceramic plate (practicing to hone my meager freehand skills). I've seen them on the Exchange described as LNIB for 20% or less than full on retail (KW price recently went up from $189.99 to $199.99). While eagerly anticipating the S90V CF/Ti version more as a very light use EDC, I would not hesitate to recommend the 204P iteration as a workhorse.

My concern would be the the eventual loss of blade centering due to the CF/Ti scale combo ala CRK. As such, the upcoming variant may not represent the optimal workhorse. I may sit this one out in favor of the standard Military Ti (new CQI) + blade swap...

My concern would be the the eventual loss of blade centering due to the CF/Ti scale combo ala CRK. As such, the upcoming variant may not represent the optimal workhorse. I may sit this one out in favor of the standard Military Ti (new CQI) + blade swap...

The Ti/CF handle combo is prone to the blade becoming off center? Why?

I had 2 of the KW Ti/CF M4 blades back when they first came out and both of them were dead centered. I don't think this is an issue at all, at least in my own experience.

Good thoughts all. I think I will buy a 204 Military off of the Exchange and wait to see what comes later. I missed one the other day at $170. I'm on the hunt...

Do you have any evidence (even if second hand) or are you purely speculating?

To the OP topic - I do not have the kw 204p and have been regretting not buying one during the Xmas when it was discounted at $160. Now that the Ti/CF/s90 is pretty close to be available, I think I will go with it. This of course is because I already have a black/camo/s30v and a ti millie.

I prefer the liner lock millie to the framelock. The light weight is a big part of why it's such an excellent large folder, IMO. That said, I had the framelock Millie M4/CF and it was very nice.

Spyderco has an exceptional track record with S90V. The 204P is a great blade, too. It's a toss-up for almost all of us as far as performance goes.

I don't like the balance of the liner lock Military. The all-Ti version feels like it needs a wheels kit. The G10/Ti hybrid is perfect for me (and using CF rather than G10 shouldn't change that enough to notice).

Unless you're scraping paint off concrete or peeling the resin coating off rebar any of the available choices will last you almost forever.

Do you have any evidence (even if second hand) or are you purely speculating?

To the OP topic - I do not have the kw 204p and have been regretting not buying one during the Xmas when it was discounted at $160. Now that the Ti/CF/s90 is pretty close to be available, I think I will go with it. This of course is because I already have a black/camo/s30v and a ti millie.

Let me chime in here because Adam is aware that I have a Large Sebenza 21 which is a KnifeArt Exclusive with the CF/Ti combo which incidentally has an off centered blade favoring the lighter CF scale. There have been references to this issue on the CRK thread, I have also spoken to CRK's CS and I will be sending mine in (bought on the Exchange with known disclosure as such) but here is a link to the CRK forum with that discussion and the CRK's response to that thread's OP which is also the response I got on the phone from CRK's CS whom I had spoken to:

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/does-an-off-center-blade-bug-you.1400633/#post-16151876

As with the Spyderco's combo scales, I am not aware of such issues and it will not stop me from ordering that upcoming KW Exclusive Ti/CF combo in S90V. Further, the known CRK issue will NOT stop me from acquiring a small Inkosi in that exact same combination because I think that the phenomenon is more of an aberration than norm. I had owned a full on Millie Ti which was a pocket anchor at well over 6 ounces plus my dislike for the S30V steel, compelled me to get rid of it after merely 2-3 days of ownership. If the Ti/CF combo can offer me something much lighter with much better steel, that is one "risk" I will be happy to take as I would like to see a largish folding knife no more than 5 ounces with a great steel in my pockets.

You shall not do such thing. I have your address so you can expect a visit from Uncle Matty if you do not land of these when I order mine as soon as they become avail to order :)

Had my 204P for couple months. Decided on this one because it is the new CQI version, like the 110V. Went with 204P because of the color and because it is exclusive. I have no experience with 110V, but 204P has held up great so far, even with moisture.

Not planning on getting another Military unless something happens to this one, at which point, without hesitation.

Not an EDC for me. Strictly for outdoors (camping, hiking, etc) or testing around house.

My favorite Spyderco... along with my other favorite Spydercos :D

77t5ro0h.jpg

You shall not do such thing. I have your address so you can expect a visit from Uncle Matty if you do not land of these when I order mine as soon as they become avail to order :)
lol Fine, fine...I am back in. Spyderco is not CRK so hopefully the issue does not manifest itself with this design :)

Ti/CF s90v for me. but dunno when it will release. maybe next year?

Back