• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kysteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for some wisdom..

I purchased a knife from Kysteve on June 9 and have yet to receive it. I've tried to check in with him, but have had little luck. I'll summarize the transaction:

June 9 - payment sent
June 9 - got message stating he would send tracking.
June 13 - followed up asking for tracking, no response
June 16 - followed up again
June 16 - he stated he forgot to ship and would ship in next day.
June 17 - he says it shipped but didn't provide tracking

At this point I let it go. Not a big deal that he forgot to send it, things happen and people forget. He even stated he sent something extra as an apology. I figured I'd just wait it out even without tracking.

June 23 - I still had not seen knife. I figured I would have seen it by this time, so I followed up on DM. No response.

Today June 29 - posted on his profile. No response. PayPal shows the shipping label had been created but it is awaiting item to ship.

Sad thing is it showed that he had been on today after my post and he had been last seen viewing his profile.

I don't know what else to do, and I hate to call people out, but I at least need an update on the situation.

Frustrated, and looking for advice.

Link to the sales thread and you might want to also send him a pm with a link to this thread.

Assuming the knife shows up (and the transaction completed) leave negative feedback and explain why.

i am very sorry this has turnout this way,when i order a knife i am looking every day for the mail man to run,i could set and wright an apology all day but that would not change anything,i am on the way to the post office with the knife now ,if you would rather have your money back i can understand that too,it just got misplaced with a couple others,please accept my apology,i have had so much going on,but thats not your fault either,i just hope you enjoy the knife,it is a beauty. steve

I'm looking for some wisdom..

I purchased a knife from Kysteve on June 9 and have yet to receive it. I've tried to check in with him, but have had little luck. I'll summarize the transaction:

June 9 - payment sent
June 9 - got message stating he would send tracking.
June 13 - followed up asking for tracking, no response
June 16 - followed up again
June 16 - he stated he forgot to ship and would ship in next day.
June 17 - he says it shipped but didn't provide tracking

At this point I let it go. Not a big deal that he forgot to send it, things happen and people forget. He even stated he sent something extra as an apology. I figured I'd just wait it out even without tracking.

June 23 - I still had not seen knife. I figured I would have seen it by this time, so I followed up on DM. No response.

Today June 29 - posted on his profile. No response. PayPal shows the shipping label had been created but it is awaiting item to ship.

Sad thing is it showed that he had been on today after my post and he had been last seen viewing his profile.

I don't know what else to do, and I hate to call people out, but I at least need an update on the situation.

Frustrated, and looking for advice.

I am not certain what knife you purchased, but I guess I would ask yourself if you really need that knife. The reason being is that Paypal allows for a limited period of time within which to dispute the purchase and potentially get your money back. I would consider opening a dispute with Paypal as you will be able to get your money back at this point.

As far as what may be going on with the seller, well...who knows at this point? Maybe send him a link to this thread and see if he will respond.

And btw, welcome to Bladeforums. The vast majority of transactions here go smoothly and quickly. Sorry your first one isn't going that way. Please stick around though and I think you will see how much better this place can be.

I can understand your concern but let me alleviate it. I've dealt with Steve and as a compliment I'd say he's like the absent minded professor. He seems to have a lot going on and sometimes it seems as if he is intentionally being a screw up. Far from it. He's one of the good guys, just a little disorganized sometimes. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can understand your concern but let me alleviate it. I've dealt with Steve and as a compliment I'd say he's like the absent minded professor. He seems to have a lot going on and sometimes it seems as if he is intentionally being a screw up. Far from it. He's one of the good guys, just a little disorganized sometimes. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've dealt with Steve before and things went smoothly with the exception of one deal but if he was intentionally lying about shipping that is a big no-no in my book... I'm guessing in others as well. Hopefully Steve will come back to explain the situation further.

Edited. I've never had bad dealings with Steve, but there's information in this thread that should be read before making a decision on a purchase.

Last edited:
Sometimes life gets in the way, sometimes people get in their own way, some people lead lives which regularly get in their way. Frequency is one good means to judge which is which and choose to do business with said person or not.:rolleyes:

I have dealt with Steve on a few deals, and I have bought, sold and traded. I have nothing but good things to say about the guy.

I hope this works out well for all parties involved.

Steve
Did you go on vacation? Haven't received my edge sharpener from you. Paid June 5.
With all these posts, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. At least reply to my emails so I know your intentions.

Steve
Did you go on vacation? Haven't received my edge sharpener from you. Paid June 5.
With all these posts, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. At least reply to my emails so I know your intentions.

I had one deal with him. I would have been happier if he had answered any of my e-mails. Other than that things went okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back