• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kysteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
I intended to stay out of this one, but decided to go ahead and post my experiences with KYSteve. I believe that he's a good person, and probably harmless. However, I have tried to deal with him a couple of different times unsuccessfully. It can be very frustrating to say the least. After a couple of very unorthodox conversations, but with some glimmers of hope, he just left me hanging. I'll probably not attempt anymore deals with him even though my gut tells me he's a straight shooter.

Now Steve says, shipping is too much and will refund me. After one whole month of waiting. Wth?

The very first words in the rules under sellers/selling are:

"Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item..."

He has certainly sold enough to know what shipping will cost, so I am left to wonder why he changed his mind about selling a knife when the rules state that one should not do that. If he had listed something for sale and then immediately pulled it before anyone responded, that is one thing. To hang on to your money for a month, and the knife, is less than ok. :thumbsdown:

And yet, no feedback will be allowed...

He can leave feedback. He can start a thread right here in the FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

I know you are referring to Trading Stats (formerly iTrader) and he may be able to leave it in this case.
Here's an excerpt from the feedback rules.
5. If a deal did not happen, there is no iTrader Feedback to leave. Sorry if you were inconvenienced, but life is full of disappointments. As long as you're not out any items or money hasn't changed hands, move along. Consider improving the terms of your sales threads / read the sellers terms carefully in order to avoid this before buying.

Money has changed hands and he's been strung along for a month with no results as of yet. I'd consult a mod to see what they say on the matter if he chooses to explore that option.

Benchy -

Yes, of course, to suggestion one. As to "iTrader," I may be proven wrong, but my recollection is that situations such as this (reversal and refund) feedback hasn't been allowed. I admit that the "feedback" issue is a huge pet peeve of mine. I persist in my belief that, as currently structured, it is too often misleading.

I intended to stay out of this one, but decided to go ahead and post my experiences with KYSteve. I believe that he's a good person, and probably harmless. However, I have tried to deal with him a couple of different times unsuccessfully. It can be very frustrating to say the least. After a couple of very unorthodox conversations, but with some glimmers of hope, he just left me hanging. I'll probably not attempt anymore deals with him even though my gut tells me he's a straight shooter.

I too planned on staying away from this one but the fact that Steve has not bothered to come over here and explain himself says a lot... He is currently active on the exchange as of this afternoon. I can't remember all of the transactions I've had with Steve but the last was not smooth, at least for me. I believe it was for a S&M and it wasn't as described... The blade touched the liner it was so poorly centered. When I informed him of this and that I wanted a refund he agreed. I paid to get the knife back to him and when he refunded me the money he took out more for his original shipping, even though he described the knife to me incorrectly. I just let it go at the time but the fact that he has taken a member's money for a month and then refused to ship, and won't come on to give his side of the story is a bit worrisome.

I don't know if I'm one of the people that Steve is referring to when he says "bad-mouthing" but in my case, I'm simply stating what happened. I don't think I would be the only one who would be ticked if put in a similar situation. As far as holding someone's money for a month and then not delivering, I would be more than pissed.

to all who is so worried about this,i saw this post last week ,so had a few words with some one ,so i just droped it and yes i tried to contact the guy i sold the sharpener to in hawii left message to what the postage would be and waited on his return msg,as far as the appoloosa knife ,that was a misunderstanding between me and my daughter,but it seems he has his knife ,i have like 12 to 14 northwoods knives ,i think i have the lot sold and i owe $150.00 and then that will be pd,didnt know you could get on here and just talk about people they are a few that have bad mouthed me here,but there turn is coming ,when i first sold a knife here and had funds go into my soninlaws acct well the knife was a day late, the buyer had paypallocked the acctuntill it was settled it had nothing to do with him but i requested the knife be returned ,he had recived full payment back from paypal,but when he got the knife the next day he decided to keep it any way,yes you know who you are and after trying to be nice ,you turn around and do me wrong twice more,my soninlaw is riding to sturgis on vacation he is going to do some sight seeing while he is out there,o well that is life,it has its ups and downs and im in the middle now,but there is plenty to be thankful for,i have meet a lot of nice people on here,some that i will never for get ,and some that i would pay to forget.i try to consider all people my neighbor,but there is just a very fewthat you could not get along with no matter what

Wow...

As much as I wanted to stay out of this - I'll have to jump in...
Bought a couple of fishing reels he had for sale - PP'd 06/22/17.
Last contact by PM (conversation) on 07/01/17 said he'd get tracking# to me when shipped.
Nothing but "crickets" after a couple of attempts of contact.
Guess its time to get in touch with PP...

Damn. ^^^
What is hp with this dude......besides posting unreadable walls of incoherent ramblings??
I'm hoping you used G&S Michael!! Get your money back and move on from this guy brother. Quickly!
Joe

to all who is so worried about this,i saw this post last week ,so had a few words with some one ,so i just droped it and yes i tried to contact the guy i sold the sharpener to in hawii left message to what the postage would be and waited on his return msg,as far as the appoloosa knife ,that was a misunderstanding between me and my daughter,but it seems he has his knife ,i have like 12 to 14 northwoods knives ,i think i have the lot sold and i owe $150.00 and then that will be pd,didnt know you could get on here and just talk about people they are a few that have bad mouthed me here,but there turn is coming ,when i first sold a knife here and had funds go into my soninlaws acct well the knife was a day late, the buyer had paypallocked the acctuntill it was settled it had nothing to do with him but i requested the knife be returned ,he had recived full payment back from paypal,but when he got the knife the next day he decided to keep it any way,yes you know who you are and after trying to be nice ,you turn around and do me wrong twice more,my soninlaw is riding to sturgis on vacation he is going to do some sight seeing while he is out there,o well that is life,it has its ups and downs and im in the middle now,but there is plenty to be thankful for,i have meet a lot of nice people on here,some that i will never for get ,and some that i would pay to forget.i try to consider all people my neighbor,but there is just a very fewthat you could not get along with no matter what

I have to ask if I am reading this wrong but your son Inlaw riding to sturgis and doing some site seeing while on vacation sounds like a threat am I wrong? Just don't see why that was added if it wasn't a suttle hint or jab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back