• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kysteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks friends,you have turned out to be some real pals for the porch,read a little of the king james ,there thats the drug i am on.

Last edited:
Ok.....to whatever the hell this means.....the question is, did you refund the money yet??
Also, why are you so averse to punctuation, grammar, spelling and just plain making sense.......and who is we??

no threat ,were just not letting this get us down were still going on a site seeing trip,have a nice day ,steve

Looks like I should onboard here as well...
Savux is a friend of mine and Kysteve started to sound familiar after I heard about his issue...

I did a few searches in my email and it looks like I was one of his first transactions on Bladeforums. It went about as well as the restoration of Ecce homo a couple years back...

The knife was listed as "New in box has a couple small scratches on one of the bolster". The knife I received had the pivot pin pushed out of both bolsters, vice grip marks on the bolsters, severe blade wobble (rattled between the liners), and a severely unflush spring (I asked specifically about the centering and spring). The blade edge actually rested on the backspring instead of the kick and had a 1/2" dull spot. Best of all, on the other side of the knife was etched with a big fat "EDC" that was never mentioned or disclosed in the pictures. To put it kindly, he asked me if the knife was worth anything to me and I said no. It was the worse knife I've ever seen, including a collection of prison shivs I saw at the Knife Museum.

A big problem I have with this deal is I asked about the centering specifically and he sent me a picture of the blade centered. When the blade wobbles and touches both liners it's pretty shady to center it and take a picture...

Here is his post stating the knife I described above was new:
KYSTEVE Post.png

He did accept the knife back and refunded my money. I shipped it back to him on my dime and never dealt with him again.

Glad you posted this.
A repeat offender......be nice to show him the door at this point.

Yep,
Doing a simple search, it looks like he bought this knife on this thread where each issue is described.
He then sold it to me as "New in Box" 4 months later...
There are at least 3 more threads where he tries to sell it or trade it off with descriptions ranging from "New in Box" to "Would make a great user".

Looking at the pictures of the original knife (and the recommendation to fix the pivot pin) I believe kysteve had a stab at tightening the pivot, failed after really marring the bolsters, then sold the knife as "New in Box". The knife I received did not have anything resembling the polished bolsters in the original posting I linked to above.

Wow man what a pos this guy is. He buys a knife on here with issues and then sits on it a few months and sells it NIB. I hope a mod sees this and sends your ass packing. Steve you are the definition of the 10% of trash that needs to be thrown out of here. You knowingly screw members over buying a knife with known issues then selling it nib is just terrible. The best part of this all comming out is once someone searchs you on bf this will always turn up. It's like you have internet herpes you know it goes away for a bit but it will always pop back up every now and again.

Excellent research, Macchina. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, it shows how much of a scumbag he really is. Such a practice is outrageous and he should be shown the door post haste. This place would be far better without him.

I hate to say it because I had no problems dealing with Steve, I definitely had luck on my side.

It pains me to see this... As I stated earlier, I have dealt with Steve on numerous occasions (buying, selling and trading) and every deal has been as described and went smoothly...

I honestly thought he was one of the good guys...

Best of luck H Hockne

Hockne waiting on PayPal to be reinstated as they have funds on hold,,per everyone's advice, starr received the reels ,so I'm just waiting on him.thanks friends. Steve

Update: still no refund from kysteve, it's been two weeks, plus the month.

Hockne waiting on PayPal to be reinstated as they have funds on hold,,per everyone's advice, starr received the reels ,so I'm just waiting on him.thanks friends. Steve

Man it's been two weeks and this guy is still waiting? Most normal jobs pay every week and you owe this guy money on a rotten deal. Even if you get paid every 2 weeks times up you owe him money. If you can't afford to pay for a bad deal in a timely manner then maybe you shouldn't deal here. What gives you the right to make a guy wait because you screwed up and had your pp put on hold. Your deal ethics are crap and others have to pay for it. As stated in a few post above your son in law was going to sturgis and will be site seeing. I then asked if that was a threat to the person you were addressing. To you saying you weren't posting a threat you were all just going site seeing. So sturgis is a payable option but not people you owe money to? Do us all a favor stop selling here save new people your headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back