• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Laminated Bokken [Price Drop]

Just finished work on a new bokken! Here's some info about the bokken:

OAL: About 40"
Handle Length: About 11"
Sori: About a quarter inch
Wood: Katalox (dark wood on the edge) Bubinga (Red wood on the spine)

The bokken itself is laminated from two different types of wood. Not only does this add some really interesting aesthetic value, it also improves the performance of the bokken. The edge is made of katalox, which is very hard and will take hits extremely well during use. The bubinga on the spine is also quite hard, but it has additional toughness and springiness that will allow the hard katalox to flex without breaking. The two colors complement each other very well, the katalox is very dark brown/black with a simple grain, and the bubinga is a deep red with a very interesting grain. I sanded the bokken up to 2000 grit and finished it with mineral oil to protect the wood from moisture and to bring out the color and grain of the woods. The resulting finish feels very similar to polished stone.

I'm asking $235 $175 for it and it ships free in the contig. U.S.
Also adding two matching tanto-bo, free of charge!

First to ask gets it, shoot me an email at YozakuraForge@gmail.com or PM me.

Thanks for looking! :)
-Grant

5YPafHl.jpg

CqoAXso.jpg

pyj0bVi.jpg

tKjhUO8.jpg

CG8ADE6.jpg

jkSllhQ.jpg

This is really cool. I like how the effect is like a differentialy hardened blade.

Thank you! Differentially hardened blades are what the lamination in this bokken is modeled after, I think it is really cool too :)

Back