• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

larry chew

30 some-odd days ago Larry chew contacted me asking for me to stop the attack, he told me if i'd stop he would build me my knife. Well yesterday i received a chew covert in the mail.
So as it stands Larry chew has lived up to his end of the deal

Pics, or it never happened! :p:D

Glad you posted this --- the FACT that Larry did not post shows TO ME that he was at fault.
I own and buy LOTS of custom knifes --- I will NEVER own ANYTHING with Larry Chews name on it --- not even from the secondary market.

And I DO HOPE Larry gets to read this !!!

"Treat others as YOU would want to be treated" , ever hear that before Mr. Chew ??????

Toby, I am glad things worked out for you but that does not change my opinion of Mr. Chew, I would never own one of his knives.

I've heard his name mentioned before, but never met him, so I wouldn't buy from him anyway. Random knife grabbing would be highly discouraged in a building full of heavily armed businessmen. Just my take on this.

Being one of those people who have no experience with Mr. Chew, I will say his designs look very nice indeed. If I read this thread correctly, The buyer prepaid in 1999, and JUST NOW received a knife?!? I understand Mr. Chew was injured and all but that seems like a LONG WAIT.. Glad it worked out for you Toby..

Glad you got your knife, kind of a hollow victory after all these years, especially after giving up the covert proto. Nonetheless it is probably as much closure as you could hope for given the circumstance. Russ

Glad you got your knife, kind of a hollow victory after all these years, especially after giving up the covert proto. Nonetheless it is probably as much closure as you could hope for given the circumstance. Russ

yea, i sold the knife after about a week, it made me sick to look at it, everytime i took it out of my pocket it reminded me of what i went through too get it. hopefully the new owner likes it, in the end i got most of my money back, i'm happy basically

30 some-odd days ago Larry chew contacted me asking for me to stop the attack, he told me if i'd stop he would build me my knife. Well yesterday i received a chew covert in the mail.
So as it stands Larry chew has lived up to his end of the deal

If it took 12 years, I'd hardly call that living up to one's end of the deal. :p

Should have ordered a Randall. It would have come a lot faster. :D

I have no comment about this particular knifemaker, because I've never dealt with him. However, for me one of the major joys of knife collecting is a connection I feel with the knifemaker. I am very proud to own knives by the likes of people like Bill Moran, Jay Hendrickson, Ed Fowler, or Phill Hartsfield. I believe in the spirit of the knife. I've seen beautiful knives by men with poor reputations and have avoided them.
As far as a confrontation at a show, I wouldn't try to grab a knife off the table, but would certainly raise a fuss, which might induce someone to placate me by offering me what was coming to me. ;)

Back