Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm gonna wait until I get this thing in my hands, then I'll make the decision to keep it or not. I'm defiantly a little disappointed/concerned with what I'm hearing ( graphics, blade play, broken clip, and exposed tip issue). For me this ain't a cheap folder. I believe in that you get what you pay for so I expect this to be a damn good knife. I've got a Benchmade that I paid less than $100 bucks for. It's been tough and trouble free. I expect that and more with the HEST folder. Well see, hoping for the best and trying to stay optimistic....

Knife fail. Sell it now

I have been waiting quite awhile for my production models to arrive, but all the alternative knifes on the market just don't read "hard use" to me. The blades look thin and wimpy and most of the folders out there just seem more like over priced show pocket knifes, including the zaan and the zt 0551. Granted I know nothing about them but this is just my initial impression. They seem like knifes made by designers for collectors. If you go back through the DPX forum and look at some of the pictures of the H/F posted next to the very heavy duty fixed version, they look identical. For those of us that need a knife that hits bone and doesn't break, this folder seems like the logical selection. Plus this is a knife designed by someone who needs a performance knife not a show knife, for me I need a performance knife, not a show knife. Before you say I "drank the ryp cool aid" you should go back and read some of my previous criticism. It boils down to this are you willing to wait for a knife that will break skulls and chop the head off an elephant from 100 yards..lol if so I suggest you hold on... If you want a $400 letter opener you should look somewhere else.

Adios mofos!

You would not be disappointed in the ZT 0551; if you have a chance to get one you definitely should. It's a hell of a nice, beefy knife. That being said, I really want the HEST/F in my hands. This has turned in to quite the fiasco.

The blades look thin and wimpy and most of the folders out there just seem more like over priced show pocket knifes, including the zaan and the zt 0551. Granted I know nothing about them but this is just my initial impression. They seem like knifes made by designers for collectors.

Adios mofos!

Post edited and removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is an interesting turn of events. But I like the HEST fixed blade so much, I guess I'll just leave my production folder order in with TKC and wait. Nobody else is making a HEST folder. Sometimes new things do not go smoothly, but I think these knives will be worth the wait.

That is funny! Bring the Troll into the light.

I have a Sterile that is being sent back from the factory. I waited a long time for the Spyderco M4 Mili and it was worth it. I think this will be too. What's another month? When they get it right its gonna be an awesome tool. I don't want to spend more time trying to find one and regretting canceling my order once they get it right.
Just my two cents.
Alpha

Last edited:
Very interesting..............where is this gonna go?

As you know my name is Robert Young Pelton. I don't hide behind an alias. I dont' say things I can't back up.I live and work in the real world. I design and make products for real people for the real world. You are welcome to contact me at ryp@comebackalive.com and I will answer any questions you have.

Anybody who is a DPx Gear customer can contact me personally and express their opinion. I welcome both negative and positive opinions. I welcome your honest opinion because it helps me make a better product and I want your business. We will be around for a very long time and everything we do wil never have excuses attached to it. I would like to think that tough customers make a tough product. You are the boss. And I serve your needs.

But I have a personal flaw.

I have a problem with cowards. I don't handle well, people who snipe from the weeds but won't back up their insults with facts. I have a problem with people who hide behind aliases. I am sorry. Its just the way I am.

That's all I have to say. If anyone here thinks that I am wrong then say so. But I can't stand cowards and bullshitters. Sorry.

I have contacted Ren personally and asked him to call me.

I have also contacted UDT SEAL and asked him what BUDS class he was in.

You have not contacted me you son of a bitch and posting my personal and my wifes personal information is Waaay out of line you slimy cretian, edit this now!

A volte due persone possono guardare la stessa identica cosa, hanno un parere completamente diverso, ed entrambi essere di destra ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back