Leave the sale price in the thread

Have the same debate on gunnutz. .. I will always leave my prices up.
If I come across a sold ad while researching something I like seeing the price. Even if the price isn't exactly what they got its probably not too far off. Some ads I've seen have the listing price and then the sold for price.

When I was new I just thought that was the SOP, now I leave them even though at times I sell them for less through negotiation.

The only ones that it really makes sense to me on would be one of a kind blades since they have no set price and value. I know I probably paid more for my unique MOASS than it cost, but I loved it and was willing to pay the premium for a one of a kind blade

While I wholeheartedly support Sparks decision for many reasons including the nightmare of trying to police it; I am a firm believer in leaving prices up for future reference.

I do it on my site. AZCK does it as well. I find them both to be incredible resources. Although, I do sometimes cry when I look back at some of the things I have sold.

I do find checking listings to be easier, not as troublesome, and you don't forecast to the world what you're about to drop as with price checks. Listings Maybe a little more credible than asking others opinions on prices as you usually get the two extremes: a lot of low balls from those that would like to have it, and then those that have them tend to be on the higher end. Not everyone in all cases mind you.

When you boil it down it is a collectibles market so it would make sense to leave them up. IMHO

So, it's up to the members to lead and make the changes they want to see in their communities. The beauty here for all of us is that we have our own exchange, and have the potential to make this a reality.

Good day everyone :)

I'll pose the same question to you as I have in the past when the same subject has come up. How do you know the price listed is the price it sold for?

The end result is the site owner likes to have less rules not more so that's why he chose to leave it up to the seller.

I agree, you don't. But, the final sale price is unlikely to be vastly different. I'm not in favor of more rules. Everyone is free to do whatever they want (as long as it's OK by Spark). I just don't want people to remove the sale price because they thought that's the way it's done.

So many good points for both sides!

No one's business
ACTUAL price may not be stated in ad
Support the FORUM, freeloaders! :)
Good reference

IMHO, all are valid, when I frequented the exchange with sale posts, I did a bit of both. Not really any rhyme or reason to my choice, just what side of the crazy I woke up on that day.

Ya, Leave the price. I would rather see members be knife people anyway.

It doesn't matter all that much because you can nearly always go to a retailers site and get a staring point to to work from. It is nice to know sure but not critical. I leave prices up in case it helps somebody out.

I honestly like to see them up. I often go back looking at knives and when I search the sales pages come up. Its interesting to me as well to see how prices change over time. For instance during the this OP2W there was wild swings on certain models and prices. There was some great deals out there to be honest. As most have there has been more than one knife I just had to have and could not stop looking at it. After taking a couple of deep breaths and telling myself the kids don't need college anyway (joking there lol). I bought knowing I paid a bit over. But you have to look at it this way. Unless you are buying from a business, you are paying for some guys safe queen that he hates to get rid of. Many instances some emergency caused it to be sold or maybe he fell out of love with it by getting new queen. So a few extra bucks in their pockets might have gotten that car repaired or something of the sorts. We might all be there one day or another.

I was a gold member here for a long time. I will admit that there have been times surfing the exchange where I have gotten frustrated about the deleted prices, exited out of Bladeforums, and not come back for a few weeks.

I leave mine up. It's helpful when pricing/selling a blade and not sure what the last couple sold and also when thinking of buying a knife and not sure what the last couple went for.

Amen. I ran into that recently selling knives. With my medical issues my memory is shot and I had no idea where to even start (or even what one blade was!). I have a feeling those who were fast might have gotten a couple of good deals and more power to them. Glad I could make them happy even if reselling for higher is what makes them happy, but I also know getting a good deal on a blade I really like makes me happy :) . Money is a means to an end and if it makes you happy just having stacks of it then it's good you found your happiness. Just remember what Marcus the firearms dealer from Borderlands said, "money isn't worth a thing if you don't spend it" hahaha.

Another plea to keep the prices up. Not that long ago it was rare that prices were deleted. Liu Kang kinda started the trend by requesting people delete prices after he bought. This helped him turn around and resell for higher price. Don't be like little wang. Deleted prices only helps flippers, while leaving them helps buyers and sellers.

I have advocated against it in other sub-forums as it was driving the price down for the makers' products. This doesn't seem to be the case with Busse. However, each to their own. I prefer to keep them off the page as it is a private matter after the sale has closed.

I'm feeling some positive energy here.

There may be a shift in the Force on the Busse For Sale Forum.....

I think that BF should make a new rule on the whole forum that prices be left intack after a sale. I belong to several gun forums and they do not give any access to the listing as far as changes go after they are originally made. You can post more information in the thread but cannot change what's already been listed or stated. That way there isn't any under handed stuff going on and you have to list where your mailing said item from also. They have actually caught several scammers that were trying to take folks for a ride running sales ads this way.

Back