Let's let this be the last word.

Perhaps your options are different in Moderator mode. I have the same 3 reply buttons on MS Edge, Firefox, and on my iPhone. I can see what IE11 looks like when I get to the office tomorrow.

This is a new option with the forum change, at least I don't recall a direct upload option from the old VB.

I still have to resize images though so it's not always one click. And dealing with the storage limitations at some point will be another hassle.

The PB issue is really a disaster. So many photos from folks who aren't around anymore are gone for good. Really disappointing...

If you use Imgur you can opt to automatically resize images when you load them to Imgur.

Thus you never have to worry about resizing when you post.

All you have to worry about is...........will Imgur go the way of PhotoBucket?

:)

All you have to worry about is...........will Imgur go the way of PhotoBucket?

:)
Or if they ban Bladeforums like they did StampBoards for excessive linking :( It's in their ToS.

~Chip

This is using BF Media area, I made a personal album, downloaded a photo from my computer, went to my album, open up all the album and double clicked on image. Then copied using same IMG code as I did from PB and I think it stays here even if I am logged out. I thought I also read where no one can fool with your album. BUT, I think I read where you can only download 20MG of photos to your album. So I will likely start resizing new photos to 750 or 800 mp on the largest size. Its a start or a lifeboat for now........... Just like everyone I am disappointed in PBs methods........300

Nope, apparently doesn't work when I go out all the way to my desktop screen and then return. Drat, this is like having chiggers.

full

Last edited:
Bert, You may be right I logged off, the big photo was still there. It took a minute to work when I first tried it and I thought it wasn't going to. Maybe it just shows up on my computer but I logged totally off and came back and it was there. Or not as the case may be.

UPDATE Went totally back to home page and then came back to forum and you are correct. I get only the small img box. Failed again. It did come up when I logged on. I can't even find any BladeForum instructions on the way to post a photo. Lots of talk on using phones but nothing on using a regular desk top thru BladeForum........300

Last edited:

5:29 MDT: It's the same as before. I forgot to mention there is a little blue box with a question mark.

Bert

Last edited:
I see this:
Screenshot_20170719-171529.png

~Chip

I must say thanks to those who are putting in a lot of time and effort to find a reliable way to easily post photos.
It's a key part of the forum experience.
I hope the BladeForum Gurus are also working to find a solution, because this is a big deal.

I have given up trying to figure out BF Media area to store and post photos. If someone smarter than me figures it out please share with the Buck forum. I am going with a outside BF paid site.( Not PB) but (Really reasonable no ads member cost per year)
With the 5.99/month PB account my old photos can still be seen, I just can't post new ones. I can go back into the past and redo the photos with new site and quit paying the 5.99. But, that is going to take a lot of computer time.
We have stretched the no money rule of Buck Forums during this photo earthquake, this includes me. As things settle down and work out we can eventually return to the old rules with this subject when order in the Buck world is restored. 300

standard.jpg

Fototime.com

Last edited:

I switched to Imgur and love it. And it's free!

Aren't you just postponing the inevitable with Imgur. Their terms of servive are the same.

What we have here is a mess. We had this bomb dropped on us and now we are picking up the pieces.
It started in the old days with lots, but not all, folks posting photos on the Buck Forum from regular computers. PB was free, seemed to work well and several of us recommended it to new comers, never thinking - 1. The ads and speed would become almost unbearable and 2. - They would drop the, no third party posting without big dollars, bomb with very little to no forewarning. And as my time here has passed many of the members began using phones to visit the forum and even post photos. PB was being used in that method also by many. As pointed out by Bert early in this trauma; all the use of PB was always subject to some type of melt down. As we have learned if you weren't keeping your photos on your own machinery, you were taking a big risk. I store and edit my photos using Photoshop, but my PB shots were 'fixed up fancy' and were the copies I used here and other places. When you have 2,000 original photos, most at 10 to 12 MG it takes a lot of memory. I used a desk top with extra big memory so I was good but you folks with phone photo storage can't always do that, so PB came onto the scene. As my first desktop died I learned a lesson and even began using an external backup drive to store everything. Today the thumbdrive has gotten almost as large as my old backup drive. So, when PB went screwy I was not perfect but OK. I will now have to pay a monthly fee to PB to keep my photos visible on the Buck forum or take the large amount of time to load and then link the same photos using a new 3rd party hostess I have selected.

No matter what you use to store your third party photos, free or at a small cost (or large) you are taking a chance. You phone folks need to figure out a hard machine you own to store your photos for safety. You big computer folks need capacity to store photos on you desktop, BUT also consider a external memory of some type. Granted we may not be pro photographers but your photos are important to you and you can't let some cloud service provider hold your only copies.......... Even if the service is free.

I was trying to figure out a way to use BF Media area for posting storage thinking if BF burns then we all go down with the ship. But remember there are other knife sites you could go to even if the unthinkable happened.

Find a way to post you photos, protect them in secure storage, give feedback on positive experiences. Let's not let this cause a decline in the Buck forum users or the good photos that you show here. 300Bucks

Last edited:
You can buy a 1 Terabyte hard drive for 60 bucks. 11000 photos. Can you not post from your computer if your a paying member?

Good point. More paying members is a good thing.

And hardly any of us would need that much storage anyway.

Back