Let's let this be the last word.

The basic membership is cheap........and you can always (if you're rich) go for the big........

large_wdH7LaF3RQ2NFjKrrzndntBdNC7.jpg

I thought this Photobucket thing I had beat because I paid for 20 gig of storage and I do have everything that I had as before the collaspe. Photobucket is still off and on line. I could post to bladeforum no problem and just in case I wanted to download almost 3000 pics to a thumb drive and for some reason I couldn't do it. I said I am going to check out Imgur and it was so simple to join and I spent the rest of the day messing with Imgur and I really like it. Today photobucket is a little better but huge delay times. I will wait until it is working again and download my pics and leave photobucket as it is. from now on I will put all of my new pics to my hard drive even though I can get Photobucket until Dec. 31 2018.

Aren't you just postponing the inevitable with Imgur. Their terms of servive are the same.

Maybe. Probably. Time will tell. I don't have many photos and they're back up on my computer, so I'm not too worried about it.

I have published a countless number of pictures in different forums, all uploaded with photobucket. Nearly all of them are stored on my computer too, but it is impossible to load them up again with another hoster or direct. Too many. All the pictures are gone now. It is a first class desaster.

Haebbie

I agree... the more I searching I do on this (and other) sites, the more depressing it gets.
There was a ton of reference material on these sites that is potentially gone forever.
Folks who have hundreds of photos posted would have to either buy into PB to make them visible, or update the old posts using another host.
Then there are those members who are deceased...
In either event, those photos are pretty much gone forever.
Yet I continue to post using PB. Although I'm doing more direct uploads than I have in the past.

I have resorted to taking new pictures if possible.

The government should step in and take a close look at Photobucket and it's business practices. This was a scheme. A bait and switch. I don't care what was in their Terms of Service. Offering free services and then holding information hostage for a ransom is wrong. And on this scale, it really is detrimental to the public at large! Shame on you Photobucket. I would fix this before you get a knock on your door.

I was thinking the same. There should have been a warning of some kind. A class action suit against Photobucket might get things reversed. There must be lawyers that were burned by Photobucket out there and know how strong of a case this is.

I have read this whole thread .... sad .... I wish I had read this before I paid the 5.99
I thought it would allow me to post to the forum but I guess not after all
I like many have some images on PB that I can not retrieve but 905 are on a hard drive some place or even 3 places
again if any one comes up with a good place for a modest amount please post it !!!

Back