Lets say good by!

Been good times here guys, maybe we will bump into each other in general or on other forums.

KAI

The only thing worse that getting talked about is not getting talked about...

Bad idea
P

This is a sad day indeed. If it weren't for this sub-forum I wouldn't have stuck around this forum and learned as much as I did. Oh well it was great while it lasted, thanks for everything I enjoyed my time in this subforum it will be missed.

Really sad news. I just jumped (back) on the ZT bandwagon and picked up an 0560, entirely because of this subforum. A manufacturer taking the time and interest to connect with their client base like this forum provides is a hugely positive impression for both myself and a bunch of lurking Kershaw fans I know IRL who think its really cool they are so interested in their customers as to post here. Sad to see that change.

Hmm.

There seems to be many users who use this forum and can justify its existence. Basic and Gold members pay good money to support this site to have forums like this to discuss the knives they like. It is pathetic to just cite "Bladeforums Rules" and say that nothing can and will happen. Bladeforums rules are not binding like a federal law and an exception can be made. Simply choose a trusted member(s) of this community to become moderator here, and allow this forum to continue. Paying members demand this, and pay blade forums good money for access here, and our voices should be heard.

Until KAI comes around, and makes a full apology for this silliness, I will not buy any of their products in the future. My loss, but as customers you don't need to support companies that do you wrong.

My question is what happened between August 2012 and now?
I pulled the following post from 8/18/12

08-18-2012, 09:08 AM #16
jimmer_5

" Everyone - I spoke to Thomas last night, and he wanted me to tell you all that this is a no-drama situation. His schedule has been super busy, and he needed a break.

Thomas is, and has always been, one of the most vocal and active supporters of KAI USA, and monitoring the forums takes more time and energy than you might imagine. There's nothing wrong with taking a self imposed sabbatical, and for the time being, myself and KershawLynda will be handling the forum.

Thanks! Jim"

And goodby everyone you are some fine folks!
I will see you on the other side......

It is pathetic to just cite "Bladeforums Rules" and say that nothing can and will happen. Bladeforums rules are not binding like a federal law and an exception can be made. Simply choose a trusted member(s) of this community to become moderator here, and allow this forum to continue.

Forgive my pathetic attempt to explain how it is.

Of course rules can change. But what trusted member will have access to Kershaw to bring us up-to-date information. A trusted member cannot run a Kershaw forum when he cannot speak for Kershaw policy.

Good night.

Wow. I agree - my buying of K'shaw/ZT goodies will slow considerably without the banter here on new releases. I hope it wasn't due in anyway to the negative remarks I made over the 0777 production delays. As an interesting sidelight, my local sharp thing emporium initially got a couple of 0777's in - and my wife had them put me one back. She paid it off in time to give it to me 7/30 for my birthday! I never thought that would be my last Kai product. My favorite is still my TILT!, with my Ti/SG2 JYDII & 0551 close behind. See you guys elsewhere!

Stainz

Back