Lets See Some Pure Fighters

I have been busy lately but I have really not seen a just fighter thread in awhile maybe I am wrong but I know there are some great fighters out there and I would love to see them all together. I have no problem with fighters getting lumped in with bowie's but we all know there is a diference between a pure fighter and a fighting bowie. I would say 8 1/2 to 9 is about max. I know STeven has two new example's with his new Bailey/Randall and the other fighter he posted that he altered the guard. With all this talk on that movie Exposure I would like to see some pure fighters. I know ya all have um so let's see what ya got.. Oh and ways of carry meaning sheaths are really important so if ya can include them to.
Here is my first a knife that I got from Steven (thanks bud) It is a Shiva KI and I have posted it here before but I finally got a pic with my limited talent that I think shows off this knife. 8 inch blade Crossdraw sheath from Ki and a very nice sharkskin with damascus stud by my good buddy Mr. Long
knives123.jpg

They can be from classic Loveless style to modern lets say Strider style just knives with no other purpose than being a fighter

I have been busy lately but I have really not seen a just fighter thread in awhile maybe I am wrong but I know there are some great fighters out there and I would love to see them all together. I have no problem with fighters getting lumped in with bowie's but we all know there is a diference between a pure fighter and a fighting bowie. I would say 8 1/2 to 9 is about max. I know STeven has two new example's with his new Bailey/Randall and the other fighter he posted that he altered the guard. With all this talk on that movie Exposure I would like to see some pure fighters. I know ya all have um so let's see what ya got.. Oh and ways of carry meaning sheaths are really important so if ya can include them to.
Here is my first a knife that I got from Steven (thanks bud) It is a Shiva KI and I have posted it here before but I finally got a pic with my limited talent that I think shows off this knife. 8 inch blade Crossdraw sheath from Ki and a very nice sharkskin with damascus stud by my good buddy Mr. Long
knives123.jpg

That's impressive.
SWEET!
DAMN!

2 from Fitch.
7 1/2" mammoth fighter & 8 1/2" gent's damascus fighter.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Here's a 6 1/2" Loveless Riverside Fighter with Macassar ebony scales.

LovelessFighter003-1.jpg

Jim Treacy

All are great and I apreciate everyone's comments and pics keep um coming:thumbup:

Magnus- those are awesome! I've seen em before but I never get tired of looking at your stuff. Obviously built by a mountain biker!;)

I'll play...
These speak for themselves -
standard.jpg

Don't see a lot of Rob's work but it is very clean -
standard.jpg

Mr. Broadwell's take on the Big Bear - lousy picture, beautiful knife
standard.jpg

Great idea for a thread, Joe.
Gotta love those fighters.

Cool idea for a thread. :thumbup:

I don't know whether these are pure or not, but they all fit into my general concept of a fighter, even they may also fit into other categories as well.

Roger

orig.jpg

Roger

this knife is fantastic!
Love those Broadwells too.

Michael, I'm surpised we don't see more of Rob's work posted. He's got a lot of skill and he's a great guy!

And those Herron's are sweet. Look like a couple of those are the ones I got to handle at Blade '07... those were NICE!

Thanks for the mention Roger :)

I think this is probably the "best fitting the definition" piece I have made... as far as blade size and shape, guard style, and handle. It's also one of my (if not THE) favorite knives to date.

standard.jpg

Back