LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Campbellclanman

Platinum Member
Hi Folk, Whew, what a year so far!, there is much talk about those beautiful TC Barlows, this year they have dominated Traditionals - and for good reason!

Charlie is a wonderful ambassador for Traditional knives, The Miller and that lovely old New York Knife pictured below are from Charlie - Thank you Charlie, and Anthony for the equal ender!

Let us not forget about those beautiful HJ's, please join me in showing off those lovely knives......
Here is one of my first ever HJ'S gifted to me by SunnyD ( Anthony )...
This things sharpens to a Razor!

HJYl5tw.jpg

JhIy415.jpg

bzi5fxk.jpg

Miller Bros HJ
q7W5goj.jpg

G7zNYhi.jpg

2W5mx90.jpg

6rTLbcO.jpg

1KF7UmM.jpg

9D9qjdN.jpg

Miller Bros. Tang Stamp on the Main in Circular - MILLER BROS. over center Meriden. over USA
The Punch stamp is different, where in circular - MILLER BROS. over center CUT Co. over Meridan.

There are several different types of Stamps with slight variances with Millers- not as prolific as some Cutlers can get, but this one is slightly easy to narrow down to a period of in between a 54 year period gap - possibly able to determine a more accurate age gap with more information on the Company or Catalogs...
Miller Bros moved to larger premises in 1872 in Meriden, Goins and Levines give you different dates depending on the stampings starting from 1863, or starting 1872 ....
So here we have a Beauty - Miller Bros HJ, that I can narrow down to what was made in between the years of 1872 - 1926.

I really like this HJ, this is old School Cutlery at it's best...
0bwVHd4.jpg

Nice Early New York HJ, the deep dark Ebony still captures you to this day, the authoritative Snap makes one whistle out a soft "Whew" - it really does as silly as this sounds - beautiful HJ, proud to be stabled here in New Zealand after coming all the way from Canada...

RxKMpl0.jpg

Last edited:
I've always loved that Miller Bros. Duncan. I think it's my favorite from your bunch. Just a wonderful old knife.

I only have the one, but I am quite fond of it. It also shares a connection with Charlie (it's one of his HJ2s).

j9ac.jpg

- Christian

Awesome HJ's Christian, Mike. I missed out on that 66 - and now with great regret, I will Hunt, i will track down!

Last edited:
We all admire the bone on that one Jason, AND the Teardrop frame!

I've got the Greenbone HJ that Todd displayed, it's aged nicely too and very sharp. Interestingly, Queen used a similar type of bone on their Heritage Woodsman knives, I like it greatly.

Thanks, Will

Hi Folk, Whew, what a year so far!, there is much talk about those beautiful TC Barlows, this year they have dominated Traditionals - and for good reason! Charlie is a wonderful ambassador for Traditional knives, and all but one of these knives have a connection with him - Thank you Charlie, and Anthony for the equal ender!

Let us not forget about those beautiful HJ's, please join me in showing off those lovely knives......

]

Those double flutes are amazing looking, love the hole punch so much. I kinda wish they'd make a slip joint with just the hole punch. Kind of a one trick pony, but it would be interesting to see how different makers would go about attacking the issue.

O la, that's fine. :thumbup:

~ P.

Thanks Sarah. That knife was my finest production slipjpoint for a long time. Only recently did it lose the title.

I always wished this knife was made in a single spearpoint version. Charlie's a veritable genie, his spearpoint Charlow is just the ticket. The HJ is now reserved for outdoors duty, the punch strikes an excellent spark off a LMF firesteel.

- Christian

I think this is my grail traditional right now. Sooooooooooo NICE!!!!!!
DSCF9850_zps58651970.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back