Lets see those Scandi grind knives.

Thanks. I guess it's pretty obvious that my scandi grind knife of choice is a puukko. I acquired a lot of other style scandi grind knives in my quest for the perfect knife, but many knives later and a lot of money, I had the epiphany that the perfect knife doesn't exist. However, I did find that the size, shape and weight of a puukko was the best knife choice for what I do. The Bark River Ultra-Lite Bushcraft is a great knife also. I like your Kauhavan Puukkpaja and I've heard really good things about them. It also looks like you got a nice and uncommon knife with the Haugrud.

I'm slowly coming to a very similar conclusion- the puukko is light and nimble for fine work (carving/food prep,cleaning game, etc), but with blade thicknesses approaching .125", plenty strong for wood processing- a very fine all around outdoors knife :)

A friend had this, a 12C27 Leuku, but he's a canoe instructor, and on a trip where it rained all the time, he said the handle swelled and the leather sheath went like soggy pasta
_DSC2388-Version2.jpg
[/URL]

So we worked out a make over :D
IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

The largest number of pimped out Spyderco BushcraftUKs ever likely to be photographed together :cool: :D
IMG_4850.jpg

Helle Harding,

And a Kellam Wolverine,
url=http://lv1.smugmug.com/KA-BAR/Dogs-Head-Utility/50111864_khzqrQ#!i=4154413421&k=SSWd3Pz&lb=1&s=A]
IMG_4284-L.jpg
[/url]

Last edited:
A friend had this, a 12C27 Leuku, but he's a canoe instructor, and on a trip where it rained all the time, he said the handle swelled and the leather sheath went like soggy pasta
_DSC2388-Version2.jpg
[/URL]

So we worked out a make over :D
IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6451.jpg

The largest number of pimped out Spyderco BushcraftUKs ever likely to be photographed together :cool: :D
IMG_4850.jpg

I really like the make over you guys gave that Leuku, and should be impervious to the weather now. That's also a really nice collection of the Spyderco BushcraftUK knives. Of all the "Bushcraft" styled knives, I have to say that it is the most comfortable and ergonomic of them all. If I recall, weren't you the one that designed it?

Those Stuart Mitchell knives look interesting. Like the opposite of a canadian belt knife design. I wonder if that makes it easier to carve/notch.

Those Stuart Mitchell knives look interesting. Like the opposite of a canadian belt knife design. I wonder if that makes it easier to carve/notch.

I've done some carving and notching with them, but nothing really extensive. However, they performed very well for everything else that I've used them for, so I think they would do well if someone were to use them a lot for that. Stu is a highly skilled knife maker, and he puts out some extraordinary knives.

Back