Lets see those Scandi grind knives.

32137992231_ef90a1f850_b.jpg

A forged (Lauri blade) Marttiini Lynx. I plan on removing the varnish from the handle and working on the sheath a bit (it's really dry). Other than that, the blade is wonderful.

Sheath is all done on the Veikko. Blackened, oiled and waxed with a new oil tan belt loop.

Mikko Inkeroinen Tako-Tommi. BEAUTIFUL curly birch on this one, some of the best I've ever seen!

Some more shots of the Veikko.

Truly some of the nicest curly birch I've seen...

Side by side with my curly birch Pasi Hurttila leuku.

Risto Mikkonen Tuohi-puukko 100mm in RWL-34.

Frosts Swedish Trapper 365
Mora%20Swedish%20Trapper%20365_zpsxk0fmgci.jpg

Please sell me that Frosts Swedish Trapper 365!

I cannot for the life of me find any for sale anywhere! and cannot figure out how to contact the Mora HQ.

I need it in my collection lol :)

Please sell me that Frosts Swedish Trapper 365!

I cannot for the life of me find any for sale anywhere! and cannot figure out how to contact the Mora HQ.

I need it in my collection lol :)

Sorry Samon, need it for my collection. ;) For what it's worth, I have seen 2 more of these on ebay since I bought this one....one never did have any bids on it IIRC. If another pops up, I'll shoot you a message... :thumbsup:

I contacted Mora through their website for the ID on that one. Europe may have a better supply of them...several pics of skinners pop up on Russian Websites.

Sorry Samon, need it for my collection. ;) For what it's worth, I have seen 2 more of these on ebay since I bought this one....one never did have any bids on it IIRC. If another pops up, I'll shoot you a message... :thumbsup:

I contacted Mora through their website for the ID on that one. Europe may have a better supply of them...several pics of skinners pop up on Russian Websites.

Dammit!
Sadly UK ebay banned the sale of knives lol. You can still buy axes, machetes and kitchen knives but not knives.. yeah.

Out of curiosity, how much did it cost/do they sell for and how thick is the steel?

I'm gona try and figure out how to use the Mora website, it's a bit convoluted but I'll email them.

With shipping, mine was about 75 ...the other one that I saved the info on was around 50. It's stored right now but it was the same thickness as other Moras (like a Classic) of the 60's. Those era knives were thicker than current Moras. I'll be getting them all out for a pic soon and I'll do one of the skinner blade thickness and post it here.

IMG_1944.PNG IMG_1944.PNG IMG_1944.PNG IMG_1944.PNG
As far as I know Spyderco only made two scandies, and that isn't one of them
24462279700_2cc68e3b1d_o.gif

If it walks like Scandi and quacks like a Scandi, it's a duck.

I got myself one of the 14C28n Mora Classics (125 year anniversary edition):

34211224371_914c2a5310_b.jpg

Back