Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Case XX 6265 Folding Hunter c.1940-1964
cNTRuyS.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks James. It certainly is a beauty. I'm just using my iPhone 5S for pics. It does a pretty good job as long as it is outdoors and indirect lighting.

Isn't it just a little frustrating. I have a fancy, mirrorless camera with a couple lenses and my phone takes just as good pictures? 🤢

I took a chance, went fishing on the bay, and lucked out. Its my first vintage knife purchase. This brand new old texas jack knife arrived, which is actually a year older than I am. I GET IT NOW THOUGH! Man this Case knife is absolutely beautiful and even though its more of a brown bone and I am still on the look out for some red bone cases. It had a few tiny pepper spots but other than that its a work of art. The walk and talk is amazing and its a solid knife, "Holy cow they don't make 'em like they used to." I am definitely late to the game here on these knives and I will hopefully catch up. The sway back jack has been with me a lot as well, that chestnut bone is stunning.
I really enjoy viewing this thread and seeing(drooling) all of the pics over and over and over...
]

A little late responding to this jlhoffman, but those are just super🤙

Thanks Alan. :thumbup: They come up now and then. I'm sure you'll find some nice ones. Good hunting! :)

These followed me home today. One, an Amber Bone Peach Seed Mini Copperlock and a Pocket-worn Red Bone Trapperlock (not a traditional I know, but too beautiful not to share). BTW, I'm a bit new to the world of traditionals. Is the Copperlock considered traditional?
38c39b987638f5226fd576b0f04874b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think they're both traditional and pretty to boot!

I apologize for the flood of pictures but I am in need. Could someone help me date this Case Barlow? It's blades are pretty worn. The clip main could almost pass as a hawk bill. The pen secondary, which I had trouble uploading, now resembles a sleek wharncliffe shape. The main spring still snaps satisfyingly. The secondary spring is much tougher and harder to open. The only things I've done to the knife since I bought it is touch it up on a whetstone and polish the bolsters and pins a little with a piece of leather. Thanks

I apologize for the flood of pictures but I am in need. Could someone help me date this Case Barlow? It's blades are pretty worn. The clip main could almost pass as a hawk bill. The pen secondary, which I had trouble uploading, now resembles a sleek wharncliffe shape. The main spring still snaps satisfyingly. The secondary spring is much tougher and harder to open. The only things I've done to the knife since I bought it is touch it up on a whetstone and polish the bolsters and pins a little with a piece of leather. Thanks

Yep. Go here http://www.wrcase.com/case_college/tang_stamps/

Looks like 1970-1979.

Left to right: '76 four dot, '99, and '16. The four dot gets the daily carry duties.

9f72b5e7bd3d72106ca48200a5c2038f.jpg

Tedderx, from top left to bottom right...all copperheads. Top left, Copperhead with wharncliffe main, middle EZ open Copperhead with wharncliffe main and bottom right Copperhead with Clip main.

Thanks fellas. I thought the copperhead had one blade on each end though like the one on top right and bottom left.

Back