Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

One of my favourite and most used knives.
0761b5b2a7fadc6cd2c4da7b0788a821.jpg
I use it for gardening and trimming house plants as the one so reflected. My Case Hawkbill. I really like the scales.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

One of my favourite and most used knives.
0761b5b2a7fadc6cd2c4da7b0788a821.jpg
I use it for gardening and trimming house plants as the one so reflected. My Case Hawkbill. I really like the scales.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Beauty of a hawk there[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas. I thought the copperhead had one blade on each end though like the one on top right and bottom left.

I thought Copperhead referred to the head end bolster being curled up some to make it more pocket friendly? Just my first thought.

Thanks fellas. I thought the copperhead had one blade on each end though like the one on top right and bottom left.

Ahh. I thought the copperhead was just a bigger mini copperhead (one on each end)

I thought Copperhead referred to the head end bolster being curled up some to make it more pocket friendly? Just my first thought.

The name does refer to the shape of the bolster and both knives have a bolster with that shape. Front bolster on the Copperhead and rear bolster on the Mini Copperhead. If I'm not mistaken, the bolsters are said to be shaped like the head of a Copperhead snake.

This explains why these two very different knives have basically the same name.

I like Saddlehorns, Trappers, Large Folding Hunters, and the occasional Backpocket.
I carried a Victorinox Tinker for many years because of the flat blade screwdriver that was used daily at work. I now carry a Caplifter.

3006.jpg

Here is one that is bit different that I just obtained last week. It is Case Saddlehorn, with tree ring scales.

ry%3D400

Sorry for the picture quality.

Craig

Last edited:
Thanks Ratbert, its just the "Chestnut Bone" that Case did, I didn't dye it. I have been wanting one for awhile after seeing the pics here on BF, and finally got lucky on the bay.
If Case did more coloring like these, my wallet would be in trouble.
Also the Case vintage 70's coloring is awesome.

CaseXX_TJ_03.jpg

Jeff, thanks for the info...it is indeed a beauty! I assumed it was dyed because the color is so deep. I read somewhere they use a different dye now and so many of the new ones tend to "fade" at the ends. I agree that from the pictures I've seen of the 70s era Cases, the bone is awesome!

Back