Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

Here's two I haven't posted before, a CASE XX 1940-1964 #6231 1/2 BIG Jack. Deep long pull on the main with crescent pull Pen. Wonderful CASE Red bone that's chip and crack free. Both blades centered and solid. The ONLY issue I see is minor is that the Pen spring is proud when closed.

Also a wonderful CASE Loom Fixer #6217. Tang stamp puts it as a 1965-1969 era. Again CASE Red bone that's flawless, both blades SOLID and centered:thumbup:

2ARykf.jpg

ilS0Qu.jpg

TCbFeQ.jpg

NIZMTF.jpg

Paul those are spectacular! WOW! That red bone is some of the best I've ever seen from Case. THOSE are just awesome... :thumbup:

Many thanks Mr. "Bugdoc", what do you want to know more?

Yes, sorry for the brevity PT. I'm at a disadvantage with the knives being folded. They are serpentine stockmen? The top three particularly caught my eye. They appear similar but not identical. When were they made? Their covers are striking, the top one appearing to have a lavender hue: is that correct? The bolster mark '010' indicates a limited run? Finally, would you consider these to be rare specimens?

Thanks!:thumbup:

Here's two I haven't posted before, a CASE XX 1940-1964 #6231 1/2 BIG Jack. Deep long pull on the main with crescent pull Pen. Wonderful CASE Red bone that's chip and crack free. Both blades centered and solid. The ONLY issue I see is minor is that the Pen spring is proud when closed.

Also a wonderful CASE Loom Fixer #6217. Tang stamp puts it as a 1965-1969 era. Again CASE Red bone that's flawless, both blades SOLID and centered:thumbup:

2ARykf.jpg

:eek: Gulp! :eek:
Paul, those are two beautiful knives! It doesn't get any better than that. Wow!

My 15 year old son picked this one up at a knife show over the weekend. It's a 6125 1/2D, small Coke bottle with a Damascus blade. It's a 1989 model with the original box and paperwork. Sorry about the awful picture.

Last edited:
Paul those are spectacular! WOW! That red bone is some of the best I've ever seen from Case. THOSE are just awesome... :thumbup:

Thanks Jeff, hope your doing well:thumbup:

:eek: Gulp! :eek:
Paul, those are two beautiful knives! It doesn't get any better than that. Wow!

What Al said Paul !!! :thumbup::):)

Harry

Al and Harry, thanks so much, it means a lot coming from you two:cool:

My 14 year old son picked this one up at a knife show over the weekend. It's a 6125 1/2D, small Coke bottle with a Damascus blade. It's a 1989 model with the original box and paperwork. Sorry about the awful picture.

Fort, it warms my heart hearing your son gravitated to such a classic traditional knife:thumbup:

"Fort, it warms my heart hearing your son gravitated to such a classic traditional knife" Thanks Paul! He's really starting to accumulate a nice collection.

Difficult to follow those beautiful vintage Case' but here's a 2016 release I'm quite taken with.
Simple elegance - Ebony Sowbelly.

The full size Copperlock is one of my favorite knives. My new Tribal Lock has jumped up to a close second. Here they are in one of my favorite colors, Harvest Orange.

I'm about to purchase one of these two. Which do you like best and why?

I'm about to purchase one of these two. Which do you like best and why?

Boy, that's a tough question. The Copperlock is so nice to hold and use. The front bolster sticks out a little and offers some protection against slipping. The Clip blade is a classic. It's just beautiful and right in so many ways. The new Tribal Lock is more of a workhorse. The blade is slightly thicker and it's sturdy all the way to the tip. Mine has no lock rock at all either. This knife will get the job done. I hope this helps.

Boy, that's a tough question. The Copperlock is so nice to hold and use. The front bolster sticks out a little and offers some protection against slipping. The Clip blade is a classic. It's just beautiful and right in so many ways. The new Tribal Lock is more of a workhorse. The blade is slightly thicker and it's sturdy all the way to the tip. Mine has no lock rock at all either. This knife will get the job done. I hope this helps.

No, that didn't help at all. I guess I have to buy both. :p Lol

Great side by side shot. I did not realize the difference in the handle thickness until I saw this.

,,,Mike in Canada

The full size Copperlock is one of my favorite knives. My new Tribal Lock has jumped up to a close second. Here they are in one of my favorite colors, Harvest Orange.

Back