Lets see your Cold Steel mods!!!

Actually I just looked at some of my Voyagers and they have black clips on them. But knives with the shiny stainless look could use some darkness too.

20160421_072447.jpg

Zieg

Polished stainless steel is the worst thing for knife scales,so I dark stonewashed these with silicone carbide and fine sand and gravel. now its got a grip to it and hides marks,too.
28som5t.jpg

For some reason I cannot get my jpg pics to load on BFs so I'll have to post the video of my mini AK-47 mods. For what its worth the pics loaded fine on my blogger for anyone that just wants to see them. Its the 2016 post.

[video=youtube;XVIWJYjXldg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVIWJYjXldg[/video]

For some reason I cannot get my jpg pics to load on BFs so I'll have to post the video of my mini AK-47 mods. For what its worth the pics loaded fine on my blogger for anyone that just wants to see them. Its the 2016 post.

[video=youtube;XVIWJYjXldg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVIWJYjXldg[/video]

Wow really nice mod! Thanks for sharing!
Kinda hoping CS would produce different blade shape other than the usual clip/spear/tanto. For some reason the new blade seems longer than the older one?

Wow really nice mod! Thanks for sharing!
Kinda hoping CS would produce different blade shape other than the usual clip/spear/tanto. For some reason the new blade seems longer than the older one?

Nope. Exactly the same as the one shown which is actually a bit short cause I have broken the tip and had to repoint it. Thanks S

Just did this one today:

GI Tanto
Ground the top quillion off, stripped it, and forced a light, vinegar patina.

A little "ghetto" jimping

Ground a cavity under the scales so the gutted 550 lanyard lays flush.

I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.

How is the handle retention after taking off the top guard?

UCPOPO Those handles look awesome. I remember you had changed the handle on a SRK and didnt like how the knife balanced after. Do these larger knives feel as good or better than before?

Modified this vintage Cold Steel Shinobu tanto from the '80's into a much pointier version, with a slightly convex zero secondary edge of +/- 30 degrees inclusive & matching straight edge bevels.
Not yet finished with polishing the edges (still have 0.25 micron to do), but after 1 micron diamond compound they already whittle one of my chest hairs about 3,0 cm from the point of holding.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy,

Last edited:
Back