Lets see your CPK in Leather!

Those scales look perfect in the pictures, I can only image what they look like in person! Very nice combo for sure, how chose are the made scales to the originals?

Thank you! The wood is definitely even more beautiful in person. The scales are very close, the only difference is that the radius going from top to side is smaller so the edges are a little bit more sharp. It's not a lot but that's the only difference I've picked up on.

Are you into leather pants to? Is it a bicycle thing?

my parents owned/operated a tiny leather shop when I was 2/3 yrs old, which I spent every day at with my dad. Never did develop any kind of fetish for leather, just a respect for well done leather work

my parents owned/operated a tiny leather shop when I was 2/3 yrs old, which I spent every day at with my dad. Never did develop any kind of fetish for leather, just a respect for well done leather work
My father was a carpenter, and he would take me to an Amish leather and harness making shop every year to get his belts and leather tool pouches repaired. I loved the smell.

And then I would go there and get leather work done for years until they closed down.

actually got my interest in blades from there, too I think. Dad would tool and carve his work, and the place was apparently lousy with sharpened steel, which I somehow avoided stabbing my eye out with

I had an uncle who was really into leather working for his rodeo gear and did some good stuff. I wasn't too interested at the time but I liked listening to him go on and on talking about it. Kinda got into the leather out of nostalgia as much as anything else and was a bit surprised how much I've liked it. It's pretty cool seeing it get out into other people's hands.

Last edited:
I posted this one in another thread, but I just had to post it again. :)
JouFuu Leather for my D2 EDC

CnbBnhC.jpg

FLSBB6T.jpg

st1XTql.jpg

I like those ISPs, I may end up having to get my hands on one.
Hopefully trade into one if possible.

@Sonnydaze I know you mentioned needing a leather cross draw, some of the service providers in this thread would set you up right.

I've been fiddling with either doing a cross draw like the one NJBillK NJBillK started the thread with or a pancake style crossdraw. I'm not sure which would work better though, I should probably just try one of each.
I tried a pancake and taco kydex cross draws, and the pancake offers some versatility at the expense of a larger paddle. While the taco can be worn less ways, it has a smaller footprint.

Back