Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

This one, along with a small folder, has been my edc almost every day since I got it.

e431a45910353e268156f0bb742442c0.jpg

This is an old Bowie knife I used to play with as a kid (throwing at trees, digging holes). I basically tried to break it like all my toys. Digging through some old boxes, I found it in the same condition that I remembered it, rough. I buffed it off, and made some pants for it. Suprisingly, it took a wicked edge. One day, one of my boys can will own it. And probably throw it at trees and dig holes with it.

e431a45910353e268156f0bb742442c0.jpg

This is an old Bowie knife I used to play with as a kid (throwing at trees, digging holes). I basically tried to break it like all my toys. Digging through some old boxes, I found it in the same condition that I remembered it, rough. I buffed it off, and made some pants for it. Suprisingly, it took a wicked edge. One day, one of my boys can will own it. And probably throw it at trees and dig holes with it.
Is that a utica sportsman or an unmarked copy ( don't think utica was the first, but that's definitely their delrin grooving pattern )
BTW nice sheath, I still need to make a permanent sheath for my h6 imperial version and plan on doing something that looks cowboy-ish.

Nope. Totally free of markings. I guess a Japanese copy.

I'm betting it's an Imperial. I have one with the matching hatchet and I don't think mine is stamped either.

I wonder if these unmarked Utica-lookers were unstamped because they were intended to have a blade etch for another company? Utica has always made a lot of knives for other companies.
(They have a catalog of promotional knives separate from their regular one.)

[video=youtube;8qaeroon2jc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qaeroon2jc[/video]

Back