Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

A Coyote with olive wood handle. Pictured alongside its carved Pancake sheath:

eLEkcpj.jpg

Wow-- stunning combination!

Of your different crossdraw sheaths, which one would you say lays most flat/is sleekest?

(Looking for slimmest, tight to belt/body carry.)

Thanks!

~ P.

Thanks P. I'd say the Panckae as you pictured. Followed closely by the Horizontal. I prefer the Horizontal personally as there is less bulk over all. to me more comfortable.

Thanks P. I'd say the Pancake as you pictured. Followed closely by the Horizontal. I prefer the Horizontal personally as there is less bulk over all. to me more comfortable.

Thanks for your prompt response!

I have little "horizontal" with which to work relative to even smaller fixed blades, so slanted tends to work better. :eek:

But I shall take this under advisement. :)

~ P.

Ahhh yes, I remember that one. A bit of a rarity. Jim hasn't made another quite like it. It's so hard to catch the dark green of those spacers. Glad it went to a good home...

I thought it looked familiar. What a beauty. Those grinds are amazing.

My newest from Redmeadow knives. If you don't know John, just click the cowbell in my sig line.
My expectations were simple. Perfection.
I can't find anything about these that don't live up to that. They are even sharp. Really sharp. The little cowbells are from the handle material.
I absolutely love these.

16665341_1383889438329210_1942432794705034142_o.jpg

16487449_1383888964995924_6009367678948292473_o.jpg

Oh, yeah, the texturing on the spine is what he calls thumpling. It is really a great touch.

A Coyote with olive wood handle. Pictured alongside its carved Pancake sheath:

eLEkcpj.jpg

Sonoran Hunter in ironwood:

i48WFT2.jpg

Two commissioned Buckaroos commemorating a big whitetail buck, (one for the guide and one for the outfitter):

qJT5ggD.jpg

Damascus bowie with Mammoth Ivory handle and an Ironwood spacer:

3k2XrQH.jpg

Sonoran Belt Knife, Sonoran Hunter and Sonoran Skinner all in sheep horn, along with The Pack Pac for carrying the two larger knives safely in a pack.

7ls7I7G.jpg
I have 3 of these knives made by Dave Ferry and they are fantastic! 👍👍👍

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

8a511254260914506b0d876ed69180f2.jpg
My favourite fixed blade. So much so that i ordered one for my sons as well. Horsewright Custom Coyote:brass bolsters, custom pins and spacers, ATS-34 SS and beautiful Stag.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For some time now I have followed the heat treatment work of Luong (bluntcut) combining amazing toughness with high hardness. I collaborated with him on an update of a classic design, the Marbles Woodcraft. He made me a slightly larger version with CTS-XHP stainless steel at 65.5 HRc, and still with amazing toughness and edge stability.

63326b8d-5755-4cb4-b6b1-b05e2f5b2b26_zpsceklionn.jpg~original

I'm very happy with the way it turned out, as he also hafted it with some beautiful Asian Satinwood burl. The edge is extremely sharp, and I look forward to trying it out this fall during hunting season. It came in at 9.3" from tip to butt, and with a nice, snug fitting kydex sheath.

6431285a-9b1f-4329-8a66-5a066ec09069_zpsgytx7xgi.jpg~original

Last edited:
Well, it IS a sticker...

DSC03578_zpsxjywrg0j.jpg

With it's yeller little brother...

DSC03579_zpsc21mx64k.jpg

And now looking a little small itself...

DSC03581_zpsdt7e4qjw.jpg

The bike was feeling a little left out, so I got it a present too...

DSC03583_zpssrpmacct.jpg

Ya gotta maintain the harmony...

Back