Let's see your leather pants!!!

You don't show it but I hope you stitched your belt loop
Edit/I thought you glued it up for a minute.
Nice job by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't really have anything to add to this discussion. Just wanted to say that it is awesome to see all the DIY handiwork going on here!

I'm excited :)

I have grog's sheath already, and I'll post pics of both when I have them together, then folk can judge them publicly and shame the loser!!!! Or not :D

Thank you, Grog and Riz, for putting in the effort, and thanks especially to Riz for the little sheath tutorial :thumbup: (Now I'll be able to do it myself and compete with you guys!!! mwahahahah) Also a joke, my apologies for being so absurd just now :p

Thanks again for the updates! :thumbup::thumbup:

Old Grog works fast! Im going to try and finish up this weekend and get it off to you monday or tuesday.

Old Grog works fast! Im going to try and finish up this weekend and get it off to you monday or tuesday.

No rush, Riz! Enjoy your "off" hours as much as possible and save this project for when you don't have better uses of your time :cool: His sheath is beautiful, by the way ;) Nicest sheath I've ever owned, but then again my collection ain't exactly to be envied... until now! ;)

Well I guess I am already beaten! Its all gopd though! Grog does some awesome carving on his sheaths

Well I guess I am already beaten! Its all gopd though! Grog does some awesome carving on his sheaths
Pfft, I envy how clean your stitch lines are man. No carving on this one, just some stamp lines. And, the one chiral got was my third run at it.

I'm still waiting for my next double shoulder to show up so I did a little practice stamping and what not on some little leather disc pieces I picked up at Tandy a while back. Good practice on cheap material.

6bc8a137fa919d026cbb395995613c79.jpg

I've never owned a coaster in my life and don't have much use for one but I figure as long as I get these fairly water resistant they might make decent gifts or something. Ya know, for people I don't want to actually spend money on.😀

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ya know... you could use those as overlays on a sheath. Like a decorative emblem. A clean sheath with one of those medallion would look cool

Last edited:
You guys with art skills never cease to amaze me. I can't even draw a stick man.

Ya know... you could use those as overlays on a sheath. Like a decorative emblem. A clean sheath with one of those medallion would look cool
I'd never thought of that, I only did these because I was between projects. I just don't like adding doodads on sheaths. I'll carve and cut all day but it doesn't mess with the integrity of the sheath. I would love to add these things on a sheath though, gonna have to think on this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You guys with art skills never cease to amaze me. I can't even draw a stick man.
Haha, art skills, bwahaha. I'm no artist. By any stretch of the word. I think I topped out in 3rd grade drawing GI Joe's vs HISS tanks scenarios.

Those medallions are cool! Is it illegal to put an S!K symbol on one? Can you glue a medallion to the hooks of hook and loop?!?

Got the edge sanded today.... hopefully incan get the holes punched for stitching tonight

Holes on the front look good. Nice and even...

Drilling through 3 layers of leather free hand... its difficult

Stitched and finished. Gonna give it a good soak in obenaufs and she will be shipped off to Chiral!

Nothing like a mirror polished convex razor edge tomfinish off a project!!

The entire package will be on its way tonchiral on monday!

I always tap the damn b n or m instead of the friggen space bar!

Back