Let's see your Shadetree

Trying something new with these pictures let me know what y'all think 😉

image_zpsonafnkmn.jpeg

image_zpsxyks3tuj.jpeg

image_zpseuuecr7i.jpeg

Nice pics Rob! I dig the depth and backlighting that the glass tabletop provides. Very cool!

I wondered where that Oreo BC ended up. I'm glad that it is with you. That's a light one.

Phil

Nice effect Rob, makes em look like they're floating on water.

nice pics nutramac
i like them alot

Thanks Man!
Wow!!! Those really pop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks for the feedback.

Nice pics Rob! I dig the depth and backlighting that the glass tabletop provides. Very cool!

I wondered where that Oreo BC ended up. I'm glad that it is with you. That's a light one.

Phil
Phil,
That Oreo Bushcrafter is a dream. I went thru several before I lucked into this one. Like you said super light and the tapered tang wow. After seeing the great pictures you created with your table it gave me inspiration to try something different.

Nice effect Rob, makes em look like they're floating on water.
Thanks Peter! I loved the pictures you posted, and look at you with all that electric orange :)

Nice pics!

First pic, far right... Where did you get that???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a Reculse that I scored a few years ago. Seen its share of whitetail hides and fish cleaning duty.

Awesome pics Nutramac!

Thanks Tekton
Very nice Mac. You have some beauties.
Your getting some nice ones yourself:)

That is an impressive collection of Starry Night you have Jim. The Moray is my favorite in your group. I predict that more stars will be appearing in your galaxy before you are done. :thumbup:

Phil

Slowly growing Starry Night collection. :D

[/IMG]

Beautiful. I passed on starry Fiddlebacks for the longest time. It wasn't until I picked up one of Chris' EDUs wrapped in the starry night burlap that I discovered what I had been missing! Awesome material. I really like that Handyman and pocket puukko

That is an impressive collection of Starry Night you have Jim. The Moray is my favorite in your group. I predict that more stars will be appearing in your galaxy before you are done. :thumbup:

Phil
Thanks Phil! I'm pretty sure you're at least partially responsible for my love of Shadetree and my purchase of the Moray. I thank you for that. :) I definitely see your prediction coming true. Especially with the new sapphire version. :thumbup:

Beautiful. I passed on starry Fiddlebacks for the longest time. It wasn't until I picked up one of Chris' EDUs wrapped in the starry night burlap that I discovered what I had been missing! Awesome material. I really like that Handyman and pocket puukko

Ah-ha! That explains why I thought it was you who owned that Starry Night Oeser. It was the EDU. I knew I saw an awesome Starry Night knife on your IG. :D
Thanks! I really like the Pocket Puukko. I have a nice scandi one as well. However, the scandi in the pic is a KEB, and it's my fave. :eek:

Nice, Jim.

I really love the look of starry night every time I see it.

Love that Kephart!

Nice, Jim.

I really love the look of starry night every time I see it.

Love that Kephart!

Thanks Krik! Even without the glow pieces it still looks awesome. If I were a better photographer I'd take some glow shots. I was really psyched when I scored that Kephart! :thumbup:

Last edited:
That Esquire is very nice!
Hit me up if you ever decide to part with it.

My blostered Shadetree

fd385455b411ed39dfd1e561cb8a5598.jpg

The Bourbon street skinner is one of my favorites! It's handle just melts in your palm

2d34bd0477e60fd2803b83702945aadf.jpg

It gives the Asp and Sneaky Pete a run for their money.

baebee113d28d1685ff660444df9abe9.jpg

3b49de12ef2c121d23ef4662bddcccec.jpg

I wish I could get that Protagonist in the available knives sticky.. the handle on that looks amazing!

Last edited:
Shadetree Navy Blue:

Shadetree CC's "Navy Blue" ranges from a true navy through more of a turquoise, depending in part on how much green is within the material. My three current span some of this range of color.

IMG_5557.jpg~original

Esquire, hewing closest to "navy":
IMG_5553.jpg~original

Sgian Dubh, somewhere in the middle (actually revealing more white in scuffed use than the other two):
IMG_5554.jpg~original

Patch, absolutely brill:
IMG_5555.jpg~original

IMG_5564.jpg~original

Interestingly, FF currently has a new batch of blue that lacks the green coloration:

IMG_2140-vi.jpg

this is a shadetree order that as far as I know was going to be "navy" but it lacks the green undertones like the stuff we have received before. it's going to be really blue after I put the Howard's on it.

... I'm eager to see how it looks once finished. :)

Back to the Sgian Dubh, I am fascinated with how it has darkened over time, how scruffy it can look, and well it cleans up.

A close comparison of the spalting on the knife in this image from a Fiddleback Friday thread with that on my knife leads me to conclude that this is my Sgian Dubh, new (further confirmation: it was purchased by the member from whom I recently purchased it):

skidoo%20sale.jpg~original

The bolster, especially, is now an entirely different color!

The knife scuffed up from breaking in its new sheath:
IMG_5780%201.jpg~original

Licked (waves at @traumkommode :D):
IMG_5781%201.jpg~original

Howard's-ed-ded:
IMG_5785%201.jpg~original

I like it in all its presentations. Great material, this!

IMG_5691.jpg~original

;)

~ P.

Back