Lets talk GEC!

I'm thinking maybe a sodbuster/moose, based on the 21 frame. They'll run it the same time they do the run of Mudbugs.

A two-blade sodbuster sounds really interesting. Extra points are scored if the blades lock, ala Spyderco Dyad.

A giant using the 98 frame perhaps?

Here in Europe, it would be Elk Bull of course;):D (Elk being the word for the European species of Moose as found here in Scandiland & Russia etc not a type of Deer as in the US):cool:

The latest update...THE BULL MOOSE
View attachment 733222

Could be a combination of the terms "bull-head" and "moose"...

My guess is an equal end with a spear and clip blade on a large handle (traditionally a "bull-head" but commonly mistaken for a "moose")

Does anybody know if the "Bull Moose" By GEC will be something like this Case knife of the same name?View attachment 733224

The knife in the photo is a stockman. Many brands have made a 2-blade using stockman parts--that's part of the definition of a "moose" pattern. The name "Bull Moose" is the invention of GEC... with respect to knives, not the animal. GEC didn't invent the animal ;)

Last edited:
A 98 "moose" would rule. Then they could do the huge Northwoods Forest Jack I keep fantasizing about.

Plus, shouldn't there be a run of 14s this year too?

Could be a combination of the terms "bull-head" and "moose"...

My guess is an equal end with a spear and clip blade on a large handle (traditionally a "bull-head" but commonly mistaken for a "moose")

The knife in the photo is a stockman. Many brands have made a 2-blade using stockman parts--that's part of the definition of a "moose" pattern. The name "Bull Moose" is the invention of GEC... with respect to knives, not the animal. GEC didn't invent the animal ;)
Wait, I think I got it... didn't someone say somewhere that the 81 or 82 was on the horizon? I can't remember which as neither is my cup of tea, but wouldn't either of those be appropriate for an actual Moose? I'm thinking it was the 81.

Wait, I think I got it... didn't someone say somewhere that the 81 or 82 was on the horizon? I can't remember which as neither is my cup of tea, but wouldn't either of those be appropriate for an actual Moose? I'm thinking it was the 81.

Thats what Im guessing...82. Along with a diamond series SFO, but who knows.

Aw man. I've never landed an Abilene but the Dixie is a gem in my opinion.

Northfield 25 barlow bolsters

IMG_0469.jpg

I'm guessing these are the Tidioute 3 lined bolsters?

IMG_0462.jpg

I'm interested to see what the New Ivory Acrylic looks like on the #25 Tidioute.
Me too, I predict I will have to try to give one a personal inspection! I was hoping for something a little more interesting than the OD micarta tho.

I'm a bit bummed that there isn't a wood cover on the Tidioutes, but I'm hoping I got in on time with SFO for Ironwood.

Back