Lets talk GEC!

I only reserved one, I reserved the red saw cut. I have a forum knife coming as well and thought I would leave an ebony for someone else.
I think the only reason I was able to land the Blade Forum Barlow this year is because of thoughtful people like you. It will be my first GEC Barlow. I do not own any as of yet. So indirectly, Thank you! ha ha

Is the Blade Forum and the recent TC Barlow the same blade??
They will be the same size and shape, but the BladeForums knife will have a nail Nick, while the regular TC will have long pull. The regular TC will probably feature a more prominent swedge.

This is to the best of my knowledge of course. Both will be superb blades.

Without talking about the buying process or anything like that. I just looked and realized it says standby. :oops: I work landscaping and tree work and I'm in the thick of ALOT of work. It's 90 degrees today and most of the week. My brain must of been melting when I checked email. Must of been wishful thinking. I could of sworn it said ok. Lol. Oh well. I'm not bummed because there was such a small amount. I'll keep my eyes peeled in the future and be happy with my BF Barlow. I don't do FB so I can't participate in any of the fun for people who missed out.

I just looked too, I didn't realize but both are standby. Oh well.

I'd really like to see saw cut bone on more patterns, like double ended knives. I love the look of it, but it usually pops up on barlows, which are... troubling... to catch.

I just looked too, I didn't realize but both are standby. Oh well.

I'd really like to see saw cut bone on more patterns, like double ended knives. I love the look of it, but it usually pops up on barlows, which are... troubling... to catch.

I agree. Here's hoping for copperhead sawcut or black cherry sawcut 81's this Fall.

I noticed the difference between the nicks on the upcoming tc barlows . I'd be really surprised if that wasn't a type error.

Bill tells me the Sheepfoot TC SFOs will be made right after the Forum knife. Gabon Ebony or Dark Red Sawcut bone, long pull. The usual dealers, but we cannot discuss that on this forum!!

Usual dealerS? That's intriguing...

I'm on standby for a red sawcut. *sigh* Maybe I'll get lucky, or snag one somehow.

I'm on standby as well. A little bit of a bummer as the red sawcut would be fantastic!

Bill tells me the Sheepfoot TC SFOs will be made right after the Forum knife. Gabon Ebony or Dark Red Sawcut bone, long pull. The usual dealers, but we cannot discuss that on this forum!!
OK thank you. We cannot discuss the materials and blades of these knives? Just want to be sure so I do not make a foul.

Discussion of the knives and their materials is exactly what we're here to talk about. The "buying process" is what is a no-no here.

We can discuss the materials, just not the buying and selling details.
I will post answers to the usual questions as I get the information!
I think I can mention member dealers but I am going to check on that first!

Discussion of the knives and their materials is exactly what we're here to talk about. What dealer carries what, when it's available, and how much it costs are General no-nos of the Traditional sub-forum.
Yes that is what I thought but it is always good to get a reminder and clarification. Thanks

Thank you. I appreciate your response.

Just curious without me being too personal and you do not have to answer since this is a public forum but how many GEC knives do you own in your collection? Dying to know. Ha ha ha.

Anybody know roughly how many TC barlows have been done in Ebony or Red Sawcut before? Off hand I know the ancient series had an Ebony.

Back