Let's talk Ti-Lock - A photo essay

I have read all the posts in this thread and it seems just about all facets of this knife have been mentioned except...is it truly ambidextrous? From SolosKnife Reviews it looks like it, and I would assume so seeing the dumbbell lockup, but he doesn't specifically talk about handedness compatibility. Is that clip reversible to the other side for left hand carry?

Really great review, thank you. I always thought of the Ti-Lock as the CRK bastard child, no more, certainly no more.

The clip is not transferable, so it is not a fully ambidextrous knife. Except for the clip, it works the same left or right handed.

I do not know about "bastard". That implies no marriage. I believe the Ti-Lock is a good marriage between the design traditions of both houses and it certainly is totally CRK when it comes to execution of the design.

Thanks for this thread.
I originally considered the TiLock to be merely an expensive curiousity. The ergonomics look fantastic.

Any updates? I've decided I'm more than interested in one of these some time soon. It's as close to a CRK back-lock we're likely to see any time soon and the more I read about it, the more it intrigues me.

A man can dream, can't he:)?
Yes ,we all do.Just get the Tilock,it is a awesome blade.Been using it as a edc since I bought it and,there is nothing I don't like about it.Slices well,great fit and finish,light,easy to clean,blade- handle ratio is amazing,can't put it down.

Thanks for the great review! As always your posts entertain and teach. I had one years ago and never really gave it a fair shake. It is now on my "Keep an eye out for list". Thanks again Cody.

Bill

Well I did end up landing one, and while it's scarcely been in my possession for 8 hours, I find myself quite smitten. It is a wonderful combination of light, ergonomic, capable bladed, and interestingly unique. I actually have no trouble at all with manipulating the lock in either direction - the "spring" flips it partially open or closed quite nicely, and then it's in perfect position to finish the job (open or close). The blade shape seems very useful for edc tasks, and I love that the frame slabs are "purely handle", no "squeezing the lock" on this one. I've even grown fond of the (spring) pocket clip - gonna' try it on one of my 25's to see if it improves the ergo's on it (strongly suspect it will). Now some pic's of my new baby:

Back