Likes?

So would I, but if it stays as slow as it has been I don't see the point in keeping it open.

It feels like all the forums wax and wane through the year depending on what else is going on. I guess social media sites like Facebook also have kind of replaced forums for some folks. Not me though- I don't do Facebook, snapchat, twitter, etc.

I'll third that. All the forums that I visit have been very slow all summer.

Jeff

The like button is an easy way to acknowledge a post, but I agree that it does not replace reply.

The like button is an easy way to acknowledge a post, but I agree that it does not replace reply.
I'm on board with this.

If I see a post about a knife that I like and it summarizes my post, I like the post. I don't see much in quoting someone just to say something akin to "Agreed." or "He nailed it."

I do like to post, and I do like the forum and folks here. But if I was on my feet more, I would be out doing things with my daughter now that the "better" weather is around.
I tend to post overnights, and when I get a second (daughter eating or such), I will check in. Often times, a quick like is what I can manage at the time.

That being said, I do agree that the whole site/forum (this sub included), has been a bit slow. Most others are seeing/feeling it too. I am just glad that I could be on the list and help by ordering since I don't post as much as I would like.

I need to be a bit more regular in posting.:oops: Hopefully once I settle in a bit at work (still my first month on the job and the town) I will have more time.

Beyond posting I'm willing to chip in to cover the costs of keeping the forum open as well. Obviously you should do what's best for you and JK Handmade but it means a lot to me that this place is here. I expect it means a lot to everyone even if they don't post as regularly as they could.

I would like to see this subforum keep going!

Damn, beat me to it.

Also if anyone would like to support the forum and add a little fun into the deal, check out the JK Fantasy Football League, (you can follow the link HERE to the post on this forum explaining it, and to sign up) the send a portion of the entry fees straight to John for letting us talk on his forum and split the rest between the winners

never played before? no problem, it's easy to learn and can be fun.

I'm offering to cover the entry fee for the next person to enter ($25) because we only need 1 more to get going and I'd like to see it keep going (along with the forum itself!)

thanks again, John!

Back