Lil Nilakka Info

Ever since I saw the pictures of the Lil Nilakka, I was intrigued--especially since it's a "Flash Batch" and a compact design.

What I know so far is that it'll be a RWL34 near zero ground blade with a microbevel, as well as the readily available information.

However, with it being the first "Flash Batch" I am unsure what to expect as far as the size of the production, or even an estimated release date.

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Smaller gentlemanly knives tend to not be super popular what from I've observed. I wouldn't worry about getting one.
It's on my buy list.

Reactions: 353
I really thought I was done buying folders for a while. I was very satisfied with my collection.

I was wrong..

I "need" a Lil Nilakka.

:D

RWL34 seems to be simillar to 154cm. Infact it is called RWL34 to stand for R. W. Loveless (ats)34, as Loveless was a proponent of this steel. However it seems the RWL34 version is a powder steel. Would this mean it is more like CPM-154? I believe it came out before CPM-154 aswell, a powdered 154cm before the CPM version.

What I am asking is will performance be more in line with 154cm or CPM-154?

From what I've read, RWL34 is more like CPM 154 than 154cm. However, it has a bit (0.2%) of vanadium added in,while crucible's version has 0.0-0.4% vanadium (as well as tungsten) although neither is intentional. So composition wise, they are essentially the same. I'm not sure you would be able to tell the difference between CPM 154 and RWL 34.

Reactions: AF
Grabbed one from bladeHQ today. Seems like a relatively lowkey release. I think a lot of people are gonna miss out on this one and regret it.

I caved in and just ordered from knifeworks. Figured if I didn't like it I wouldn't lose any money so what the heck.

This place is the devil!

Looks like they are selling pretty good.

Many are out of stock already, even though I don't have the info on how many they took in in the first place..

I agree they seem to be selling well. I think I underestimated the collector's appeal for the first "Flash Batch."

It's perfect:

8WWY1wK.jpg

nxVIruO.jpg

For those of you who have one, how does it feel in the hand? I have medium sized hands and I'm worried about getting a full grip on one..
I know it's more supposed to be a collector's item, but if I decide to get one I'm going to carry it.

Back