Limits on "For Sale" threads?

Cyrano

Gold Member
The Exchange forums rules include this: "... You are only allowed 1 sales thread, per day, per forum."

This could be interpreted to mean (A) A member can only post one new thread per day in any single Exchange forum, or (B) A member can only have one thread active in any single Exchange forum at any time.

My understanding is: Interpretation (A) is correct. While one should attempt to put as many FS items as possible into a single thread, it is OK to have several threads running simultaneously in one Exchange forum.

Is my understanding correct?

I would imagine so, otherwise you would not be able to simultaneously sell custom knives, production fixed blades, and production folders at the same time without miscategorizing something.

I would imagine so, otherwise you would not be able to simultaneously sell custom knives, production fixed blades, and production folders at the same time without miscategorizing something.

The situation you describe would involve three different Exchange forums. My question is about how many threads one can have running simultaneously in a single Exchange forum.

The situation you describe would involve three different Exchange forums. My question is about how many threads one can have running simultaneously in a single Exchange forum.

One per exchange, per day- This is where consolidation comes in.
Let's say you have 10 items to sell of the same type- Production knives for example. We don't want to dig down through 10 posts by the same person.
If everyone did this, it would clutter up the exchanges pretty quickly. As it is now, people put the brands in the title and let the details in the thread speak as to what they are selling..Listing multiple brands does get attention of the people that are after one or all of those brands.

Make sense?

One per exchange, per day- This is where consolidation comes in ... Make sense?

I'm sorry if I'm not communicating my question clearly. Rather than re-phrase it, let me create an example:

I'm selling production fixed blades, so all my posts will be in the forum "For Sale: Production Fixed Blades (Individual)." On Monday, I start a thread listing 3 Winkler knives. On Tuesday, I start another thread listing 4 Extrema Ratio knives. On Wednesday, I start another thread listing 2 Spartan Blades knives.​

Is what I describe above OK?

I understand it would be preferable to start only one thread covering all three manufacturers ... but will I be in violation of the rules if I break them out into three separate threads on three different days?

That would be the definition of one per exchange, per day- So, yes you could do that. Ideally, it would only happen occasionally.

I'm sorry if I'm not communicating my question clearly. Rather than re-phrase it, let me create an example:

I'm selling production fixed blades, so all my posts will be in the forum "For Sale: Production Fixed Blades (Individual)." On Monday, I start a thread listing 3 Winkler knives. On Tuesday, I start another thread listing 4 Extrema Ratio knives. On Wednesday, I start another thread listing 2 Spartan Blades knives.​

Is what I describe above OK?

I understand it would be preferable to start only one thread covering all three manufacturers ... but will I be in violation of the rules if I break them out into three separate threads on three different days?

That is ok. :thumbsup:

The same would apply to each sub forum of the Exchange. So on Monday, you can post the 3 Winklers, post an Emerson CQC 7 in the Production Folders, a Protech in autos, an Alan Davis in Customs, a watch in G&G etc.
On the Tuesday, you can post a new item(s) in each of those subforums as well.

If they do not sell, you must wait 2 weeks to repost them.

Back