LionSteel-made knives you currently own

I have a TM-1 on the way. Found a satin / micarta one for a good price and couldn't resist. I'm not very fussed about the small Lionspy. I have a SR-2, and I think that will be enough. But then I thought the same about the original Lionspy, until they became available for around $250, and now I have two.

I only have one Lionsteel so far, but it's one of my favorite, most beautiful knives. A satin M7 fixed blade.

The g10 handle machining is amazing, and the F&F is right up there with anyone. Well done, Gianni!

I have two great brothers from LionSteel. M3 ST Niolox and M2 CB D2.

LionSteel%20M3%20ST%20by%20Jarek%20Konarzewski%2011.jpg

LionSteel-M2_CB-by-Jarek_Konarzewski-03.jpg

LionSteel-M2_M3-by-Jarek_Konarzewski-02.jpg

Last edited:
How do you all like the D2 (those that have it). I have not been real happy with D2 in the past.

How do you like your Dendra Tiger Jump?

It's a BEAST! Weighs 7.7 ounces and the blade is 0.215" thick. It had some sticky lock issues for the titanium framelock but gone now. Flips remarkably well without bearings and such a heavy blade. Nice carbon fiber and it has the LionSteel RotoBlock as a secondary lock. The PVD coating is grey and a fingerprint magnet. Feels comfortable and solid in the hand with good jimping. They also have them with stonewashed blade. A lot of knife and value for about $200.

Last edited:
I have a LionSteel made CRKT High Jinx. I initially bought it to collect.

The first one had rust and scratches on the blade.

image.jpg

CRKT replaced it. The grind was beautiful, no rust, but this too had scratches.

image.jpg

Disappointed and no other High Jinx to replace it, I turned to a modder, who I think is very talented and gave him the knife. I just got it back and am pleased with the result.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a LionSteel made CRKT High Jinx. I initially bought it to collect.

The first one had rust and scratches on the blade.

CRKT replaced it. The grind was beautiful, no rust, but this too had scratches.

Disappointed and no other High Jinx to replace it, I turned to a modder, who I think is very talented and gave him the knife. I just got it back and am pleased with the result.

Love the blade and handle matte finish and gold accents. :thumbup:

My Lionsteel made knives (in order of purchase):

1. Fox Jungle Combat
2. Lionsteel M2 Olive Wood
3. Lionsteel SR-2A Orange
4. Lionsteel SR-1A Black
5. Lionsteel M3 Mircata
6. Lionsteel M7 satin finish
7. Fox Pro Hunter Desert Ironwood

on order: Dendra Typhoon

Hi

I think this might be my first post, and I hate it that it has to be like this:

I have an Opera in D2 and G10. I've had it for about a month now, and so far it has been the worst value for money knife I own. At 89 euros it wasn't exactly cheap, and at that price IMHO you should get a pivot screw that doesn't fall off on its own, pocket clip screw that doesn't strip, sharp OOTB blade and now that we are talking about the blade; D2 that holds an edge.

Comparing LS D2 to BM D2, I'd say it's a different steel, and now that I've mentioned BM knives, I keep kicking my self for not buying another Mini Grip or a Mini Axis Stryker as those would have been roughly in the same price range.

Anyways I don't like to dwell on my mistakes, so I've turned it into a project knife: I sanded and polished the scales, threw the (useless) pocket clip away and started to experiment with different edge profiles.

But knowing what I know now, I promise you that my next knife will be a BM!

Hi

I think this might be my first post, and I hate it that it has to be like this:

I have an Opera in D2 and G10. I've had it for about a month now, and so far it has been the worst value for money knife I own. At 89 euros it wasn't exactly cheap, and at that price IMHO you should get a pivot screw that doesn't fall off on its own, pocket clip screw that doesn't strip, sharp OOTB blade and now that we are talking about the blade; D2 that holds an edge.

Comparing LS D2 to BM D2, I'd say it's a different steel, and now that I've mentioned BM knives, I keep kicking my self for not buying another Mini Grip or a Mini Axis Stryker as those would have been roughly in the same price range.

Anyways I don't like to dwell on my mistakes, so I've turned it into a project knife: I sanded and polished the scales, threw the (useless) pocket clip away and started to experiment with different edge profiles.

But knowing what I know now, I promise you that my next knife will be a BM!

I do hope that you have written your feed back also directly to LionSteel not only in public forum, because from here I can do nothing.
All LionSteel knives are under warranty, so if there are any technical or constraction problems there is a warrantee that cover all of them.
write to: service@lionsteel.it

Anway, if you do not like the knife, I ca do nothing.

Hi Gianni,

Thanks for your reply, a speedy one at that.

But I do like it, a lot. That's why it hurts so much that it's not working for me.

Anyways, loktite blue for the screws, discarded pocket clip, sanded grips and edge re-profile = I think the warranty is already voided. Nowadays when I'm in one of my Italian suits, I'll carry my Italian pocket knife, it's just not for EDC anymore.

My two cents:

I have a couple of HEST folders and a Bastinelli BBR2 IKBS, and I gotta say - I really believe LionSteel puts out one of the finer production knives on the planet. The meat and potatoes of my knife collection are higher-end production knives - CRK Sebenzas, Shirogorovs, Striders, you name it. I also have a lot of ZT and Benchmade - to me, ZT and Benchmade make great production knives, but there is no mistaking them for a custom...fit and finish can be spotty on some. They're just not on the level of CRK, Strider, or Shirogorov. My DPx and Bastinelli folders by Lionsteel, however, they're every bit the knife a Strider is, at half the price.

As far as comparing to Shirogorov - the action of the Bastinelli BBR2 IKBS is the closest I have experienced to a Shirogorov with bearings (which is otherworldly if you haven't at least opened one). If you compare a DPx HEST folder (washers) to a Shirogorov Hati (washers), the HEST has the better action, IMO.

As far as comparing to CRK, you can't - if you've ever used one, CRK makes a totally different knife than anything else out there...which sometimes I like and sometimes I just want a beefier knife.

I don't know how they have done it, but Lionsteel seems to have bridged the gap between a $200 folder and $500 folder. Only thing is, they apparently forgot to hike up the price. :thumbup:

Here is my 1st LionSteel. An SR2A-BB. I found a neat little store near me that had all kinds knives and a real nice selection of LionSteel.
DSCN0206_zpse1df0943.jpg

DSCN0210_zpsf461a1a5.jpg

DSCN0213_zps52e9dbd6.jpg

I have two DPx Hest/F triple blacks (one with combo edge, one PE), niolox, and like them a lot.
Also a DPx Heat/F in elmax - like it a lot!
And almost forgot (because it is in my field bag) - a DPx HEFT 4 milspec fixed blade in niolox.

Just handled a Lil Lionspy spyderco and it appears to be a really nicely built knife that feels great in hand.
So, no LionSteel branded knives but I am quite happy with the lionsteel-made knives I have and carry!

Last edited:
Back