LionSteel-made knives you currently own

Updated post #1 with my latest LionSteel-made knife: Spyderco Lil LionSpy. It's the size of a LionSteel SR-2 but with Elmax stainless steel for the blade just like its big brother the LionSpy.

By the way, Spyderco has discontinued the original LionSpy so now is a good time to get one for 50% off MSRP at several dealers.

All those knives have LionSteel brand on them.
We are waiting for a picture :D

They do indeed say LionSteel on them :)
I'm very happy with these blades and they get carried and used daily. But I don't usually have a camera with me!

Keep up the great work!

The Dendra arrived, time for a group photo:
alllionsteel.jpg

Nice!

I ordered a LionSteel-made Fox Pro Hunter with Palisandru (Rosewood) handle.

Fox Pro-Hunter (4.25" N690)
fox_pro-hunter.jpg

sheath.jpg

Last edited:
My new Fox Pro-Hunter is the only LionSteel-made knife I have that doesn't have a LionSteel stamp on it!

Very nice fixed blade with a nice SS narrow blade.

My two latest LionSteel-made knives: Spyderco Lil LionSpy & Fox Pro-Hunter:

1741ce60-94d6-4e86-9695-e899c75ceeaf_zpsf566b591.jpg

bffe362a-833c-4a07-b4fa-fdb4669c1a7d_zpsa5e48996.jpg

Last edited:
Gianni,

Has LionSteel made any knives for any company other than the following?

1. LionSteel
  2. Knife Research
  3. DPx Gear
  4. Blackwater
  5. Dendra
  6. Pohl Force
  7. Bastinelli Creations
  8. Spyderco
  9. Fox
  10. CRKT

Last edited:
Gianni,

Has LionSteel made any knives for any company other than the following?

1. LionSteel
  2. Knife Research
  3. DPx Gear
  4. Blackwater
  5. Dendra
  6. Pohl Force
  7. Bastinelli Creations
  8. Spyderco
  9. Fox
  10. CRKT

Gianni,

Appreciate a response to above.

Grazie

Last edited:
Yes, we have done other collaborations in the past, but all those knives are not in production any more.

Here's what I currently own:

DPx HEST/F 1st Gen
DPx HEST/F 2.0 Regular x2
DPx HEST/F 2.0 Coyote
DPx HEST/F 2.0 Triple Black LE (the original with the Titanium w/compass eye Mr. DPx skull)
DPx HEST/F 2.0 Milspec
DPx HEAT/F First Run
DPx HEAT/F Gray ELMAX
DPx HEFT 4 Milspec
Lionsteel SR-1A All Black modded
Lionsteel PM-1 Black
Spyderco Lionspy
Blackwater Aculus (recently traded)
ESEE ESEE-3/F Prototype

I think that's all I have at the moment. Definitely have a few more on my list of wants, mainly a KR Legion and Folder, some Dendras and a Lil' Lionspy.

Last edited:
Here's what I currently own:

DPx HEST/F 1st Gen
DPx HEST/F 2.0 Regular x2
DPx HEST/F 2.0 Coyote
DPx HEST/F 2.0 Triple Black LE (the original with the Titanium w/compass eye Mr. DPx skull)
DPx HEST/F 2.0 Milspec
DPx HEAT/F First Run
DPx HEAT/F Gray ELMAX
DPx HEFT 4 Milspec
Lionsteel SR-1A All Black modded
Lionsteel PM-1 Black
Spyderco Lionspy
Blackwater Aculus (recently traded)
ESEE ESEE-3/F Prototype

I think that's all I have at the moment. Definitely have a few more on my list of wants, mainly a KR Legion and Folder, some Dendras and a Lil' Lionspy.

I also have that original DPx HEST/F 2.0 Triple Black LE which I got almost two years ago!

What is that ESEE ESEE-3/F Prototype?

If you like the DPx HEAT/F consider the excellent HEAT/F 3D Titanium Limited Run. Excellent milled titanium handles, Niolox stainless tool steel and smooth action. At 4.40 ounces it's only slightly heavier than my HEAT/F First Run's 4.12 ounces.

c51f6611-f29b-4011-b567-62aedb75013d_zps277c12a4.jpg

e4b6a4f1-249c-40aa-9901-26429ee71c29_zps23cccd6a.jpg

6ab76998-098f-4dcd-ac9d-2c32f7acbb93_zpsa53582cd.jpg

2bbcb4d2-a428-44a9-a65a-972df4a5115e_zpsba9d730e.jpg

56cb9c46-1071-456b-ba43-f6014516e8fc_zpsb4e9ab18.jpg

Last edited:
I also have that original DPx HEST/F 2.0 Triple Black LE which I got almost two years ago!

What is that ESEE ESEE-3/F Prototype?

If you like the DPx HEAT/F consider the excellent HEAT/F 3D Titanium Limited Run. Excellent milled titanium handles, Niolox stainless tool steel and smooth action. At 4.40 ounces it's only slightly heavier than my HEAT/F First Run's 4.12 ounces.

Yeah, I've been keeping my eye out for one. The HEAT/F isn't totally my bag of tea, it's far too small, but they are still neat little knives and I'm strangely attracted to them despite how small they are :D

A couples of years ago we made some samples of a folding knife for ESEE, i think they were 4/5 pieces.

It was either before or right around the same time the HEST/F was being developed, correct? Either way, the ESEE guys didn't like it and many many years later are now developing the Rowan-made IZULA folder.

I was lucky enough to be gifted this one by the original owner, one of the moderators on the ESEE forums. As far as I understand, Jeff and Mike each have one and then a couple were given to prominent friends/fans. I did a whole writeup about it over there. It's virtually the same as the 1st Gen HEST/F with a ESEE-3 blade grind and handle shape.

image-XL.jpg

It was either before or right around the same time the HEST/F was being developed, correct? Either way, the ESEE guys didn't like it and many many years later are now developing the Rowan-made IZULA folder.

I was lucky enough to be gifted this one by the original owner, one of the moderators on the ESEE forums. As far as I understand, Jeff and Mike each have one and then a couple were given to prominent friends/fans. I did a whole writeup about it over there. It's virtually the same as the 1st Gen HEST/F with a ESEE-3 blade grind and handle shape.

image-XL.jpg

Nice catch. Congrats.

Was here to start a thread....I own some HEST's so thought I'd drop in a minute.

Nice knives guys....sure like my 2.0 folder.

My two latest are two actual LionSteel folders: Limited Edition TiDust and TiSpine Raindrop Damascus.

Looking forward to at least a couple of TRE folders/flippers hopefully in a few short months.

I recently picked up a TM-1 carbon fiber. What an awesome knife. Unbelievably smooth opening, perfect F&F, great blade shape, and just an overall robust but classy knife. It has an overall profile or style that is just different than other folders-- highlighted by its beautifully sculpted handle. It slices great, is amazingly light for its size, and exhibits zero blade play.

I'm a little disappointed to see there are very few comments or threads dedicated to this very fine knife. It seems like the SR-1 gets all the love around here.

More people need to get this knife! :)

Edited to add: it has replaced my Umnumzaan-- currently-- as my EDC. But I will go back to the Zaan at some point, as it is also a great knife. (Although I just did pick up a Kizer GTI and that thing is a gem, as well.....)

Back