Locking mechanism for folder knive

What do you think about this? I think the picture clear show what I mind . And if I invented hot water again........ just ignore this :)

w7xv6b.png

Last edited:
Similar to the Cold Steel Pocket Bushman...that one doesn't have a stop pin though. I'm not sure, but it might also be similar to the D.O.G (Deadbolt over grabstep) lock.

~Chip

I have thought of a very similar locking mechanism. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think it would be self adjusting for imperfections because of the wedge shape that fits underneath the stop pin.

Similar to the Cold Steel Pocket Bushman...that one doesn't have a stop pin though. I'm not sure, but it might also be similar to the D.O.G (Deadbolt over grabstep) lock.

~Chip

Bushman have not stop pin , locking depends from closed frame ....not the same , not even close to my solution ... I can t find to see that D.O.G ?

I have thought of a very similar locking mechanism. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think it would be self adjusting for imperfections because of the wedge shape that fits underneath the stop pin.

Yes ...............and not only from imperfection and from wear on parts over time . Most important is that this part /blue one/ not need strong support on scale/frame , all forces are on the pin and on the blade . Something like tri-ad lock , but much simple to make ...........two-ad lock ??
Tri on Macedonian is three :)

Last edited:
With the location of that stop pin, it does not look like it will close... Unless I am missing something?

With the location of that stop pin, it does not look like it will close... Unless I am missing something?

It's just a drawing .Of course that dimensions of blade and place of pivot and stop pin will change little in real ....

Back