Looking again

The Asp is my favorite of the sneaky pete family, and one I will never part with, but it's a little big for EDC where I work.

I wholeheartedly agree on the Handyman. That would be my vote.

I could probably get away with the asp but depending on my day, it can be awkward pulling out a big knife. Depends on the days work and who is around me.

If we are considering related brands, the Osprey Knife & Tool Trail Hand is in this category of knives and would get my vote as an EDC utility knife.

Also just spotted a 3/32 Kephart with coriander handles that knocked my socks off. Had a kephart once. Great knife. Might be a half inch long but still a doable model that checks all the boxes. Sorry if I'm annoying everyone with my rambling.

Also just spotted a 3/32 Kephart with coriander handles that knocked my socks off. Had a kephart once. Great knife. Might be a half inch long but still a doable model that checks all the boxes. Sorry if I'm annoying everyone with my rambling.

You're totally fine. You're processing. If I was completely resolved in buying only one FF piece, I'd probably be in deliberation for a long time as well.

If you weren't aware, there is the Bear Cub .. a smaller Kephart with approx 1/2" shorter blade. Per the Models sticky, OAL of ~ 7 3/4" and blade length ~ 3 3/8"

A couple links of good reading if you haven't found them yet:
A Bounty of Borry, a Cornucopia of Compare
The 3 1/2" EDC Share

The Bear Cub is the shorter version of the Kephart.

Edit: Jerry beat me to it!

Back