• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Looking for a small EDC fixed blade

Hello all

I'm looking for a small fixed blade, suitable for EDC. Here's what I want:

• A simple, unobtrusive design (not "tactical"), likely a drop point blade (but this is negotiable)
  • A low maintenance, workhorse steel (but doesn't have to be stainless). Something that takes a good edge, holds it relatively well, but is still relatively tough, and chip and rust resistant. I'm not asking for unobtanium, but just a general all around performer. I want this knife to be a user.
  • Around 6 inches long, +/- .5 inch
  • At minimum a 3-finger handle (probably around 3 inches - I wear XL gloves)
  • Lanyard hole, or even carabiner sized hole (similar to the Izula)
  • Square spine, to aid in fire starting
  • Some type of finger groove or choil so there's no chance of slipping if I'm push cutting or piercing something
  • Skeleton or with scales. Preferably with micarta scales, but if not, I'll make my own.
  • With or without sheath, kydex or leather. I would likely make my own sheath anyways.
  • Overall: slim and easy to carry.
I'm looking for something under $100 USD shipped into Canada. Of course, everything is negotiable, these are just guidelines. Email: mike_hutten(at)hotmail.com

Thanks!

Back