Looking for my first spyderco. PM2, Delica, Endura

Of the three you mentioned, my choice would be the PM2...but I prefer the Manix2 over the PM2 (unless/until the PM2 has aftermarket scales).
I agree, I much prefer the Manix 2. Though I still own one, the PM2 just isn't for me. The handle is too shallow I guess, not sure it just doesn't fit my hand correctly, making the lock cumbersome.

One of these days I'll get around to selling it.

Of the three you mentioned, I'd go with the delica. Most utilitarian blade shape. But I would choose the Manix 2 lw or Native 5 lw over either, as long as they aren't the S30V version.

Best of luck.

Sent via carrier pigeon

PM2, Endura, Delica....in that order. The PM2 is not considered a large knife by many of us. The M390 version is expensive and hard to find. Is the steel better? Yes, except in the two ways I listed previously. Will corrosion be a problem even in a PNW environment? No, not if you do very minimal maintenance like wiping it down at the end of the day. I've had S30v get a little rust but it was my fault for leaving it overnight with stuff on the blade. Cleaned right up and you can't tell the difference now. BTW, I lived in the PNW for a long while and here in the NEPA our summers are humid and wet, way more so than out there any time of the year. The issues I had with S30v where not due to environment. If you want an upgraded steel for not much upgrade in cost look at the PM2 in S110v. Great steel for a great price! You can find them for cheap on the exchange. This thread needs pictures!

TJAofeQh.jpg

onQZEekh.jpg

Get the pm2... First, you will buy the others at some point. Also add the manix 2 to your "to buy" list

Hello Cameron
Sounds like you have a good start. I have a endura (first spyderco). Then I purchased a delica. I like them both but always carry the delica and rarely the endura. I hope to get a PM 2 someday but the delica does everything I need it for so well currently. In the end you will most likely get them all it is just where do you start. Enjoy whichever you chose

I have to go for the pm2 as my choice. Was the first spyderco I purchased and still the only one I have. I got it in s110v because I didn't have a knife in that steel yet and found one at a price I liked. Also love the ergonomics of it but am still getting acclimated to the lock on the backside of it instead of the front but that's a personal issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No real competition here. Although the Delica & Endura are great knives, they really can't compete with the Para 2.
Do yourself a favor and look for a blurple, s110v, one. Amazing steel and less cost than m390.
Good luck!
Joe

No real competition here. Although the Delica & Endura are great knives, they really can't compete with the Para 2.
Do yourself a favor and look for a blurple, s110v, one. Amazing steel and less cost than m390.
Good luck!
Joe

That's the one I bought!!

If I do go for a PM2 should I get the s30v or m390. I live in Oregon and it rains a lot so the main thing I want in the steel is rust resistance then edge retention second.

Welcome from a fellow Oregonian!
Neither M390 or S30V will give you any issues with rust so long as you don't blatantly neglect it lol.
I'm a commercial fisherman and I use my PM2 in S30V to work on our nets when they have holes that need mending. Even in a salty environment I've never experience any corrosion visible to the naked eye whatsoever in the 2 years I've been using it for that purpose.
Let us know what you end up buying! I'm sure most of us (though we most likely all own at least 2 of your options) would like to see lol.

Hello Cameron! Do you need knives this size only? I have two Dragonflies, a Manbug and two Ladybugs, and I can tell you that these small blades can do some serious work.

Στάλθηκε από το HUAWEI VNS-L31 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Delica makes a decent first Spyderco. You will never regret getting a PM2/PM3.

I highly recommend the PM2 and Manix 2. Delica and one of the H1 Salt series are great too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I live in Oregon too. I live on a farm outside of Portland. I do fine with stuff like 3V or Cru-wear/PD1, but anything with lower Cromium content rusts easily. For a folder, M390 would be your best bet if you do a lot of fishing or live on the coast. It is my favorite folder steel. Spyderco's S30v is not bad at all, but M390 is definitely a step up. I use my 20CV/M390 blade fishing and they work amazingly well! S30V would work great too.

I'll add another vote for the Stretch 2. It's like the Delica and Endura hooked up and had a baby and it grew up to be the Stretch 2. For me at least, kinda the "best of all worlds" Spyderco. I love my Delica and PM2 but there is just something about the Stretch.

Might also look at the Sage 1 or 5?

Delia > Endura > PM2, in that order. If I were looking for a Spyderco with S30v, G10 and a non-traditional lock, I'd get a Manix 2 over the PM2 without hesitation. I have yet to warm up to mine.

First came the Delica, followed by PM2... The FRN + mid lock work much better for me.
27113383774_44353ecd55_b.jpg

The Manix feels far more secure in MY hand.
17059997515_cca48184f0_c.jpg

Hello Cameron! Do you need knives this size only? I have two Dragonflies, a Manbug and two Ladybugs, and I can tell you that these small blades can do some serious work.

Στάλθηκε από το HUAWEI VNS-L31 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I looked at the manbug and ladybugs but they seem way to small and for what I will do I would say it is a bit small. For reference a knife that fits my hand exactly is a griptilian full size

I live in Oregon too. I live on a farm outside of Portland. I do fine with stuff like 3V or Cru-wear/PD1, but anything with lower Cromium content rusts easily. For a folder, M390 would be your best bet if you do a lot of fishing or live on the coast. It is my favorite folder steel. Spyderco's S30v is not bad at all, but M390 is definitely a step up. I use my 20CV/M390 blade fishing and they work amazingly well! S30V would work great too.

Alright thanks for the advice! I live around beaverton so I will keep this in mind for blade steels!

Welcome from a fellow Oregonian!
Neither M390 or S30V will give you any issues with rust so long as you don't blatantly neglect it lol.
I'm a commercial fisherman and I use my PM2 in S30V to work on our nets when they have holes that need mending. Even in a salty environment I've never experience any corrosion visible to the naked eye whatsoever in the 2 years I've been using it for that purpose.
Let us know what you end up buying! I'm sure most of us (though we most likely all own at least 2 of your options) would like to see lol.

Alright! Sadly I will be getting the knife around end of may so I wont have it very soon but I need to order it eventually do to going on vacation so I needed some help. But if I remember I will post a pic of what I get. But I will say which one I buy when I buy it!!

Alright! Sadly I will be getting the knife around end of may so I wont have it very soon but I need to order it eventually do to going on vacation so I needed some help. But if I remember I will post a pic of what I get. But I will say which one I buy when I buy it!!

You seem confidant you will get only one. Good luck with that... :)

Oh the addiction has already started for me. Just started wanting a spyderco and got a delica and hand and I thought I think I might need a spyderco now. Yeah my goal right now is one knife but I might up adding in another lol

It's like those chips that you can't eat just one, nobody ever - ever just bought one. Maybe one a a time but more always pile up. Good luck on your decision and I look forward to the photos

Back