Looking for my first spyderco. PM2, Delica, Endura

For sharpening I am more comfortable with m390, then s30v then s110v
But all can be practiced

If budget is a concern I will go with the s30v with a cool colour combination
The s30v versions are IMO better than for any other steels
I had a all black and a camo/satin versions that were real cool
I now have a s110v one to try the steel and I am happy with but it took me more time to enjoy the blurple compared to my previous models

For reference a knife that fits my hand exactly is a griptilian full size

Love that knife - in M390

Get the Endura cause it has a thicker more rounded handle than the Para 2 and the lock release and dip for it on the Para is in the way of some grips. When you press the lock on the Enudra the blade drops easily and quickly so it is a one handed knife.

Longer blade = better IMO

Hello Cameron I don't have answers to your exact questions(I haven't had the opportunity to buy ether of these knives yet) I just wanted to welcome you to BF. Myself I love a smaller blade so I'm waiting for the sprint runs to start on the Para 3s :D good luck bud.

Im fortunite to have all three knives mentioned in the opening post. I carry my Delica about 90% of the time. I am not a office dweller. I work in the Industrial Maintiance field and live in a rural area. I use my Delica for what ever needs to be cut and it handles it just fine.

I use my Delica for what ever needs to be cut and it handles it just fine.

Yah . . . there was a guy here who said something similar one time . . . then . . . he said he was confronted by a whole chocolate ice cream layer cake or some such at a surprise party (no one thought to bring a kitchen knife) :eek: . . . it looked dark . . . it looked hopeless . . .

then he reached in his other pocket and pulled out a Military or some such and saved the day.

True story.

PS: longer 's better and over kill is fun.
:) :) :) :)

If budget is not much of a limitation, then Endura is easily kicked out. The ergo of it is weird and the FRN scales feel cheap. Delica is kicked out next only because its size is more friendly. These two knives are not in the same league as PM2. Do not listen to those who said eventually you will get all of them. No - you will not if you start directly with PM2.

Native 5 is a good do all knife and S35VN is hard to beat. If you want something bigger then my fave has always been the Endura.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

If budget is not much of a limitation, then Endura is easily kicked out. The ergo of it is weird and the FRN scales feel cheap. Delica is kicked out next only because its size is more friendly. These two knives are not in the same league as PM2. Do not listen to those who said eventually you will get all of them. No - you will not if you start directly with PM2.

My budget is pretty much about 200 bucks

Pm2 s110v blurple g10 was only 155. From USAmadeblade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ergo of it is weird and the FRN scales feel cheap . . . not in the same league as PM2. Do not listen to those who said eventually you will get all of them. No - you will not if you start directly with PM2.

Bought the Para 2 first then started to look for what I could trade the Manix for since it wasn't working. Landed on the Endura 4. I prefer it.

If you want something bigger then my fave has always been the Endura.

Traded my Manix 2 in S110V for Endura 4 in ZDP-189
ZERO regrets performance and ergonomics wise SO HAPPY I MADE THE SWAP. THE Manix Suuuuuuucked so bad in use. Mostly the grind and the steel. Heck my Case Trappers cut longer AND BETTER.

VERY happy with the Endura : ergos superior to Para 2 by a lorry load and to the Manix.

FRN scales feel cheap

Yes that is what some keep saying about the Griptillian . . . I suppose fiberglass bodies on Ferraris "feel cheep" but . . . there is the performance factor that CAN NOT be argued with. High Speed Low Drag = nice and light does not fail in use.

Works for some of us ;) :thumbup:

Last edited:
The PM2 is really a step above the Endura/Delica-----I didn't like my PM2 when I first got it but I started carrying it anyway----it has grown on me and it now one of my favorites in the EDC rotation.

I like the Manix also but stopped carrying it because I can't seem to get a good edge back on it----so its pretty much dull and useless to me----all my other knives are razor sharp but the Manix has me stumped----not sure what I'm doing wrong or just happened to get a lemon blade.

I mainly carry the PM2--a BM 520 or HK Axis folder----just bought a Kershaw Blur but don't like it enough to put it in the rotation----you just never know about a knife till you actually get it home and play with it for a bit.

Last edited:
The PM2 is really a step above the Endura/Delica

In build quality I agree. Price reflects that goes without saying . . . but I said it.

I would get a manix 2

I would get another Manix . . . I would also regrind it before it was in the house more than an hour. See Ankerson's Manix and the results in the rope cutting thread / tests.

hahaha he will probably wind up buying all four and find out he hates 'em all and is a Cold Steel man.

Since I am in a thread hogging, verbose, driveling mood . . .

Manix also but stopped carrying it because I can't seem to get a good edge back on it----so its pretty much dull and useless to me----all my other knives are razor sharp but the Manix has me stumped----not sure what I'm doing wrong or just happened to get a lemon blade.

When mine went out the door to it's new owner it had a mirror, hair whittling edge on it.

Edge Pro to the rescue. Up grade stones if S110V.
If by hand remember that steel takes some serious time to sharpen especially if getting a wider bevel surface.

Yes that is what some keep saying about the Griptillian . . . I suppose fiberglass bodies on Ferraris "feel cheep" but . . . there is the performance factor that CAN NOT be argued with. High Speed Low Drag = nice and light does not fail in use.

Works for some of us ;) :thumbup:

I love the handles on the Griptillian a lot. I felt the delica's in hand and it felt good to. I haven't had a lot of knives with g10 mainly aluminium and ss.

The PM2 is really a step above the Endura/Delica-----I didn't like my PM2 when I first got it but I started carrying it anyway----it has grown on me and it now one of my favorites in the EDC rotation.

I like the Manix also but stopped carrying it because I can't seem to get a good edge back on it----so its pretty much dull and useless to me----all my other knives are razor sharp but the Manix has me stumped----not sure what I'm doing wrong or just happened to get a lemon blade.

I mainly carry the PM2--a BM 520 or HK Axis folder----just bought a Kershaw Blur but don't like it enough to put it in the rotation----you just never know about a knife till you actually get it home and play with it for a bit.

I saw the HK Axis Folder on blade hq and it looked pretty nice. I would have picked one up but I tend to not really like d2. Kept one of my knives with d2 clean and wasn't used or put on anything and next day later rust all over the blade. I can get rid of it but it is just annoying to be. So I stay away from d2. Is your manix a s30v or lightweight version?

The HK has a coated blade--I've never had a spot of rust on mine---it seems to prefer the medium grit sticks on the sharpmaker with a gritty edge instead of high polished one. The 154cm on my Benchmades get scary sharp just touching it up every few days with the ultra fine sticks--same goes for the s30v on the PM2--which is why the Manix has me puzzled.

My Manix is the full weight G10/s30v version.

My second Spyderco is a Para2... LOVE it. Soon after, I got a Delica. I carry the Delica more than the Para2.
I started with a Manix2... and a couple of days ago I just got a Stretch2 (loving it like crazy!)
I love all of these knives for very different reasons... right down to the locking.
Next on my list is an Endura, then maybe a Dragonfly.

Back