Looking for tomahawk makers

I am looking for some makers to check out for a tomahawk. So far I have looked at Walkbyfaith777, H&B forge, and Beaver Bill. I was wondering if you guys had any other makers that I should check out. I was going to check out Coal Creek Forge but it seems he is no longer making hawks (I remember him from when I was interested in one a couple of years ago).

The best $ for $ value for a wooden shaft hawk is H&B. The most cost effective is Cold Steel.

I can only vouch for h&b. I have the med polled hawk. Absolutely love it. Whacked down a 8 or so inch mostly dead tree no problem. Holds an edge pretty good. Can make it razor sharp (and I suck at sharpening)
Waited about 6 weeks for mine. Totally worth it. I was actually just trying to deside what I'm buying from them next. Large polled hawk vs big axe vs belt axe.

Also they are cool people.

Cold Steel has some nice inexpensive Hawks, I love mine. I have a Coal Crek Forge Jack Hawk also but as mentioned, he no longer makes them.

2Hawks not only makes great working hawks but also has a good variety of models to fit whatever need you are looking for. I have the Longhunter and the Warbeast and love them both. Good steel and a good long lasting edge. I would highly recommend these Hawks and Devin is a pleasure to deal with.

2Hawks not only makes great working hawks but also has a good variety of models to fit whatever need you are looking for. I have the Longhunter and the Warbeast and love them both. Good steel and a good long lasting edge. I would highly recommend these Hawks and Devin is a pleasure to deal with.
I'm curious are these hawks cast or forged? Thanks,

They do a great job casting those heads I just prefer forged H & B is the way to go I have a Shawnee hawk from them and I love it. Here is a Viking ax that is cast and it will do everything my forged hawks will do.

I've been using a 2Hawks Warbeast for more than 5 years, and have never had a problem with the steel, the design, or the price I paid for it. It's exactly what it looks like, a hard-use tool that just works.

I've been using a 2Hawks Warbeast for more than 5 years, and have never had a problem with the steel, the design, or the price I paid for it. It's exactly what it looks like, a hard-use tool that just works.

I agree, I got my Longhunter 5 or 6 years ago and the Warbeast as a Christmas present the following year. The edges last forever, they are fun, visually appealing, and do what they were designed to do. The customer service is also top notch so for me they were well worth the money. They have been a constant fixture in my truck, Polaris, camper, tractor and by the bed since I got them.

Another vote for Justin Burke. Check out his Facebook page to see what he's about.

as a novice on hawks, what keeps the head secure? the shaft look so slender

The handle is tapered from the top down. So you slide the head up the handle and its wide enough at the top to keep it from going to far.

Back