Lost My Victorinox Classic

Well the day we all dred has come, like the title says I lost my Victorinox Classic today. This is the first time I have lost a knife, thanksfully it's only 20.00 CAD but still sucks none the less. Luckily for me it was rather new and I wasn't attached to it like my black one. Although I have many Classics, they are part of a collection and will be going in a shadow box. Looks like I'll be replacing this one tonight after I do a more thorough search. Sorry guys just needed to vent a little lol.

Sorry about your loss!

I've been through so many of them, that I don't think I'e had one longer than 5 years or so. I end up giving it away to someone who needs a knife, usually a non knife person I see trudging to open a package by sawing with a key. I see Vic classics as a kind of Giddeons Bible of pocket knives. I just pick up one at the next Walmart or Target I come to.

Losing a knife sucks, no matter what knife it is.

Even worse when there is sentimental value to it.

8 months later, I'm still reeling over the loss of my Wenger Nomad. Great Uncle gave it to me for my birthday 30 years ago. The blade and scissors were very much done, but the rest of the tools were in decent shape.

Hopefully it will turn up. I lost a knife once and over ten years later my dad found it lodged in the rear bench seat of his SUV.

Thankfully in your case, it's not a long discontinued model.

Sorry for your loss.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Last edited:
Did you replace it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Losing a knife sucks, no matter what knife it is.

Even worse when there is sentimental value to it.

8 months later, I'm still reeling over the loss of my Wenger Nomad. Great Uncle gave it to me for my birthday 30 years. The blade and scissors were very much done, but the rest of the tools were in decent shape.

Hopefully it will turn up. I lost a knife once and over ten years later my dad found it lodged in the rear bench seat of his SUV.

Thankfully in your case, it's not a long discontinued model.

Sorry for your loss.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Why do I bother to post, I could very easily let K.O.D. post for me ;)

Only thing I'd add is I don't say lost unless I'm certain like I saw it sink to the bottom of the ocean. Even the AG Russell K87 I dropped in the lake isn't lost, I know exactly more or less where it is, it's just not accessible or misplaced. :)

Why do I bother to post, I could very easily let K.O.D. post for me ;)

Only thing I'd add is I don't say lost unless I'm certain like I saw it sink to the bottom of the ocean. Even the AG Russell K87 I dropped in the lake isn't lost, I know exactly more or less where it is, it's just not accessible or misplaced. :)
Hopefully you won't be stabbed with it by the next fish you catch on that lake.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Thanks everyone! I haven't replaced it yet, I'm still hoping it turns up. I gave my black Classic a bath and sharpen yesterday (the sentimental classic) my birthday is on Monday and my twin girls are Tuesday, we are getting ready to go to a hotel and indoor water park to celebrate. I'm still hesitant about bringing my black Classic after what happened and debating retiring it in general, I want to hand it down to my son one day, but part of me just wants to keep using it make more memories and stories for when I do pass it along. Still not sure what I'm going to do I leave in a few hours and so far it's coming with me lol.

Thanks everyone! I haven't replaced it yet, I'm still hoping it turns up. I gave my black Classic a bath and sharpen yesterday (the sentimental classic) my birthday is on Monday and my twin girls are Tuesday, we are getting ready to go to a hotel and indoor water park to celebrate. I'm still hesitant about bringing my black Classic after what happened and debating retiring it in general, I want to hand it down to my son one day, but part of me just wants to keep using it make more memories and stories for when I do pass it along. Still not sure what I'm going to do I leave in a few hours and so far it's coming with me lol.

If you makes you feel ny better, I lost an opinel 8 after gardening in the yard, and found it about 2 months later!

Back