Lynn Thompson LE Vaquero Grande in XHP

PeteyTwoPointOne

Platinum Member
Who's pulled the trigger on one? <besides Jimislash>;) lol...I watched your review on yt last nite brother! THANKS!

Your vid pushed me over the edge and I grabbed one after watching!

What serial number did you guys pull?

Also, does CS offer sharpening services on their SE's? I really love the grip n rip serrations, but I don't think even a SharpMaker would do a good job on those tiny teeth...

Anybody got any tips on sharpening them? TIA! :)

lansky used to make a special stick type with grooves to fit the teeth sharpener just for the cold steel serrations. they might still make it?

I use that Lansky, works perfectly.
The LE Vaquero is the most drooled over and desired Cold Steel for me of this year, it just looks awesome and I loved the Rawles Voyager.
It's so promising!

Thanks for the leads on the Lansky for CS serrations...

I'm gonna use mine baldric style with a kydex pancake from Eric beneath my shirt for jogging and hiking...I'm hoping the liners are DLC'd also...couldn't find anything descriptive.

I sweat a lot but it doesn't seem to be very acidic because I've packed a Spyderco Matriarch 2 in VG10 for about 3 years with no corrosion. I just wash it under the faucet with some hand soap to knock off the salt trails regularly.

My LTLEVGELCTS-XHP <sorry my BUSSE-itis flaring up again!> ;) -- will arrive next week, I'll post up some pics when she arrives.

Last edited:
It's very high on the XL "want to buy" list. Love the voyager, love the colors, love the vaquero, love the xhp. The serrated vaquero has got to be the most deadly SD folder they make. I met LT at Blade and he was carrying one so its his baby for sure. That thing is wicked.

#208 Checking in! :thumbsup:

7xZ420W.jpg

Oi7kYyK.jpg

mhyI82W.jpg

#208 Checking in! :thumbsup:

7xZ420W.jpg

Oi7kYyK.jpg

mhyI82W.jpg

so, it's been a month already and I'm still drooling over pics of that awesome knife, and hunting down one at a reasonable price here in Europe.
I really, really admire and desire that folder, I'd even say it's my current production grail, and I'd love to hear your impressions after this month and if you could post any more pictures of it,
that'd be awesome :rolleyes:

Thanks much, and enjoy it you lucky man!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the leads on the Lansky for CS serrations...

I'm gonna use mine baldric style with a kydex pancake from Eric beneath my shirt for jogging and hiking...I'm hoping the liners are DLC'd also...couldn't find anything descriptive.

I sweat a lot but it doesn't seem to be very acidic because I've packed a Spyderco Matriarch 2 in VG10 for about 3 years with no corrosion. I just wash it under the faucet with some hand soap to knock off the salt trails regularly.

My LTLEVGELCTS-XHP <sorry my BUSSE-itis flaring up again!> ;) -- will arrive next week, I'll post up some pics when she arrives.
That is one wicked looking blade! I will make sure if I am out jogging, and see you with that thing on, not to pass you or anything else that incurs your blade wrath!

Mine has found a home in the display case. If I want to carry an XL I go with the plain edge, clip point Voyager.

I just got my XL Vaquero delivered this past weekend.
It really is a beast!!!

The number on mine is 0779, I would love to pick up another to put away cause this is way too cool not to carry.

I wish CS would bring back the medium size though, especially if they did them in XHP and used various colors.

playing this week with my normal SE Vaquero, expecting the L.Edition to arrive one of these days...

5V3auVo.jpg

some pics would be very welcome willc ;)

Back