m1840 or 1860 style British sword question

Hi all,
I've searched and couldn't find what this maker's mark might be? Also, not sure if it's an 1840 pattern heavy cavalry sword? Thanks!
31_zpsydsmyqvp.jpg

311_zpsble8ilz1.jpg
312_zpsslmkyi11.jpg

311%201_zpsnjzyqrn7.jpg

Is there a screw at the very end holding things together?

It is in the form of the parent design of the French 1822, which both US (heavy & light) were derived from but it was not meant for the US. The blade cipher probably answers a lot of questions but I don't recognize it.

I don't know if you can post a larger image of the cipher and when you do, please rotate it to save others need to manipulate your images.

There is a slight chance that it was British made, as some were made by Wilkinson for Egypt. Those would have been produced in the early 1880s . Need to see the very end, hence my asking about a screw. The grip appears to have been redone.

Cheers

GC

The cipher appears Continental. I'd like a closer look at it. That's going to give you your answer. Consider the folks at swordforum, as well. I also agree that the grip has been rewrapped, but that looks like a peened pommel and the wrap looks to have been done without removing the hilt.

Zieg

Back