• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mad Bull Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a thread where a bunch of people were bashing Jake Tuinstra of Mad Bull Blades. From what I can tell, none of the "keyboard warriors" talking smack, have ever owned any of his work. I do own some of his work, and it is great. The quality of his work is beyond reproach, the fit and finish of the scales and are excellent, the whole knife is a heavy workhorse beast but it is still well balanced and easy to use for fine cutting, the blade is extremely sharp and has held up very well to some serious batoning out in the woods. I will own more work from Mad Bull blades with out question or any qualms about the quality of the work.

I haven't heard of angry cow knives, but this sort of sign-up-to-defend-so-and-so post always reeks of shill.

I'm unfamiliar with his knives. Do you have any pics? You've got my attention.

Good call, Mad bull makes great quality blade, but let me ask you if somebody is taking your project and claim as their is it right to do that? dun think u gonna like it tho. Anyway u get what you pay for,if u like it then you like it, no one is aginst or tell u not too...n it s just me.

I own a lot of blades as I'm sure most who visit this site do. I practice bushcraft and HEMA and have a couple of very nice swords and one big ugly one along with a good number of knifes of varying type and make. I just received my first knife from Mad Bull Blades a couple of days ago - a skinner. I do not know Jake other than through the internet and only for a couple of months prior to making this purchase. I bought the knife based on photos and videos freely available to everyone and a phone conversation with Jake - in other words he and I are not buddies, we've never met so this was a fairly objective a buying experience.
The blade is superb, the skilled craftsmanship involved in making it is readily apparent to everyone who has seen and held the knife in the past two days. it's edge is scalpel sharp and is beautifully balanced. If anyone has any doubts about his work based on hearsay I encourage you to take the time to really look at his body of work. Watch a couple of the test videos, then if you still have doubts give him a call. He'll answer your questions without hesitation - I asked quite a few myself.

I love the "I just joined this forum today and I want to tell all you long time members & collectors that you are full of it and only I know quality knives (even if the so-called maker steals other makers knife pictures and claims them as their own work)." attitude.

Hmmm, very interesting! He was asking on his Facebook page for someone to do a review here on Blade Forums!! He was also offering a knife to anyone that follows him over there a knife to kick the peoples ass that bad mouthed him here!!

Not the best way to promote your knives in my book Mad Bull Knives!!

Take a look here,

https://www.facebook.com/madbull.blades?hc_location=timeline

I was about to post that JDiesel, threats of violence with a promise of a free knife doesn't promote your business too well when you've been accused of blatantly showing off someone else's work as your own. Apparently twice with the last reply to the thread linked earlier before it was closed.

I saw a thread where a bunch of people were bashing Jake Tuinstra of Mad Bull Blades. From what I can tell, none of the "keyboard warriors" talking smack, have ever owned any of his work. I do own some of his work, and it is great. The quality of his work is beyond reproach, the fit and finish of the scales and are excellent, the whole knife is a heavy workhorse beast but it is still well balanced and easy to use for fine cutting, the blade is extremely sharp and has held up very well to some serious batoning out in the woods. I will own more work from Mad Bull blades with out question or any qualms about the quality of the work.

So, I take it you are Doug Henry?
https://www.facebook.com/Dhenry10?fref=ufi

We're not going to have this happen, sorry to disappoint. Starting a crusade for 2+ year old thread where Jake was caught claiming another makers work as his own is foolish. Don't you guys even double check your facts before grabbing your custom pitchforks and torches? It's also not a very smart move to make threats of violence on Facebook.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back