Madd Maxx 7

Russell's says "made by HTM just like the original"
Does that mean its not by DDR, plus its $1200
Can someone explain this to me please

HTM is Darrel's production branch.

Russell's says "made by HTM just like the original"
Does that mean its not by DDR, plus its $1200
Can someone explain this to me please
The one listed for $1200 has mammoth scales.
They sell a regular version for $600.

Morning Guys!

HTM is the production version of DDR, don't forget that we also have an HTM Custom Shop, which is where these 2 MM7 knives came out of. Russell's has the standard ones for $600 and some custom versions for $1200.
DDR Customs are touched by hands at every level where as HTM knives don't have quite as much "hands-on" until the final build.
Charlie Mike's is quite nice and worth the money. :)

Lacey

Nice to see you here!

Just got the MM7.

It's better than I was expecting. I didn't know that the "blood grooves" were actually cutouts, very nice. With the lighter blade it's actually fairly lively when held halfway up on the handle. Overall, the knife is not as cumbersome as you would think. For the size, it's fairly light and thin. (11.4 oz, .622 inch handle width)

The blade is S35VN which is probably a good thing in a blade like this.

I edc'd it tonight. It fit in my pocket just fine with a minimal amount of printing.

It's really a crazy folder, more about bragging rights than anything I suppose. However, if you absolutely, positively have to have the largest folder made, this is it. The other large folders, such as the CS Espanda, are rather gimmicky and cartoonish to me. The MM7 has all the traits of a high quality tactical folder, but in a (much) larger size.

I showed it to a few people tonight. It is one of those knives that elicits strange responses. Non-knife people aren't quite sure what to make of it. They wanted to hold it though.:D

This one is definitely a keeper.

Glad I finally bought one. Got that one out of my system.

Thanks Lacey.

Good to hear! (That was fast) ... So, what's next?

Yeah, it was fast, got here in two days after ordering.

The next knife I'm waiting for is a Martin MCE2. It should be here before the end of the year. I always wanted a Lile First Blood. This is a good clone and an improvement on the original design.

After that I'm pretty much done for a while. 2015 looks to be a, ahem, interesting year, in a bad way. Time to start putting money into something other than knives. I pretty much have all the knives that interest me now anyway.
There aren't really any new designs coming out now, just re-hashing the same old stuff.

I have a DDR custom AXD 5.5" and a Maxx 4" on order. Also expecting a Reese Weiland folder soon. I'm really excited about this though...

A "Halo 3" I can legally carry :D

Back