Made a sheath for my KFU

bonafide

Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers
Been spending some time on my sheath work .. made this one for my smaller KFU camp-style (sorry, dont know the model names). All leather done with hand tools.

KFU_sheath.jpg

Lookin good! Are the edges done with extra coats of dye or a darker color?

Lookin good! Are the edges done with extra coats of dye or a darker color?

Good catch. The edges are black - as well as the backside of the belt loop. The outer color is Mahogany - inside British Tan.

Looks great. nice work. and, if that's the knife you got from Myke (who got it from me), i believe the model was called the Tennessee Hunter. Just an fyi.

Looks great. nice work. and, if that's the knife you got from Myke (who got it from me), i believe the model was called the Tennessee Hunter. Just an fyi.

Thank you. It is the one I bought from Myke. I like the model name .. I'm originally from TN. :)

Made a new sheath for my KFU Choppa' .. first attempt at a stacked design sheath. Some imperfections, but I REALLY like how it turned out. This is my favorite knife I own .. and I own quite a few. ;)

KFUchoppa_sheath3.jpg

Thanks guys. It was quite an adventure to make it come together and took me a few days .. working on it a few hours every night. :)

Nice work man, awesome looking combo.

looks really good. did you use a video to help you get started making sheaths? I am trying to get started, yet seem stuck for some reason

looks really good. did you use a video to help you get started making sheaths? I am trying to get started, yet seem stuck for some reason

Not a first. I started making sheaths for my tomahawks. Simple stacks with a welt and snap closure. I have watched some videos recently and they helped me get over some difficulties and mistakes I didnt realize I was making. From tomahawks to knives started after I bought a knife from a local knife maker (David Farmer) and it came with one of his pouch sheaths. I tried tooling after reading a sheath 'how to' tutorial on knife maker's website.

Back