Mama Jo in Action!

The table height is standardized. The board height the 2x4 sits on is 32 inches. Momma Jo is "freakishly" short. I'm only 5 ft tall. :D

Well that makes sense now!
I was thinking that some adjustable legs on that bench would be fairly easy to install so the 2x4 could be brought down to waist level for full swing potential.

Well that makes sense now!
I was thinking that some adjustable legs on that bench would be fairly easy to install so the 2x4 could be brought down to waist level for full swing potential.

Actually, it would make sense to measure the height of the table against the competitor instead of using a fixed height. It would mitigate competitor height as an advantage and help focus on technique and blade prep.

Actually, it would make sense to measure the height of the table against the competitor instead of using a fixed height. It would mitigate competitor height as an advantage and help focus on technique and blade prep.
Exactly.
Of course all of this could complicate their process!
I'm a stickler though when it comes to workbench or sawhorse height. Everything has to be just right to be efficient.

Ha ha
She said "release the balls"

and "touch the pin" :)

hey Jo, I wonder if it would help you if you wore some heavy work boots with a thick outsole. Heavy footwear might slow you down a little bit, but the ballast might help you generate a bit more power, and the thick sole could set you up with an 1" or more additional height. From one hobbit to another...

Great run Jo. Very nice meeting you. Good to see you as a part of the ladies of Bladesports. I do plan on being in Meadville at Peter's Heat treating's cut.
Scott

Back